• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] SimplicityXL {Updated 5/17/14}

Hey Chev love the ROM, thank you thank you. I think I found a minor bug. If I go into settings / wireless/ more then connection optimizer it force closes process android. phone. I'm thinking its removed from the ROM. Right?

Yeah thats because its removed from the ROM, i could fix it but i can't. LG screwed up something with the ZV5 update and now i cant build the fix for the settings app to remove it as an option.

Upvote 0
Says I'm not supported... And I've got no idea how the heck to work this thing. Haha. Any insight, buddy? I'd appreciate it!

Attachments

• 1391044177492.jpg
    1391044177492.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0
Love the rom but found a bug. Doesn't matter that much but if you use pattern lock making the hidden pattern (where you tap the screen to make the pattern to show up) doesn't work when checked in settings, just keeps the regular pattern

That's because it's an LG feature but LG's lock screen is disabled so it won't work.

Reactions: Stoken
Upvote 0
Then something is up with your phone, it should at least boot to the google logo. Use the flash tool to go back to ZV4, update to ZV5 and try again.

I finaly got it, before I was flashing CWM with adb and trying to flash the rom, didn't work for me.

This time I just unbricked and rooted, then used 2nd init to flash the rom :) happiness

Looks great bro, smooth az the F7 gets !:party:

Upvote 0
That's because it's an LG feature but LG's lock screen is disabled so it won't work.
Oh, completely forgot about that.
Also, (sorry for so many questions, I'm used to the ZTE and that phone was really simple with rooting) is there anyway to get cwm to boot with the volume keys while the phone is off? I actually can't even get cwm to boot using the 2nd in.it method (method 2 on http://unleashedprepaids.com/thread-8379.html) since I installed the rom
Is there a different method I should be using to get into recovery?

Upvote 0
I'm considering either uninstalling terminal emulator and re-installing.
OR just installing over the one currently installed.

is it integrated as a system app?
could I skrew sumthin up trying?

na you can remove it, its under /system/app/*com.Name* dunno what the actual name is but if you use es file explorer it has the icon displays so you can just delete it when you see the correct icon for terminal app.

Upvote 0
Heres how I got CWM...

download this file: fx1s-cwm.lok

and flash with adb:

Sorry, still kinda new to rooting with this phone. What's adb? And is there any chance this could soft brick my phone? The only backup I have is from before I installed this rom and I also don't have a way to restore if something goes wrong since my laptop crashed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones