• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

persistentone

Sep 4, 2013
Where does Google have its discussion forums for Google Chrome browser? When I look for this in Google search I get nothing but dead ends It used to be easy to find this. I really dislike how dystopian the Internet is becoming. It feels like everything is turning into a useless black box. It feels like everything is getting hidden, and even if you find a discussion forum they make sure no one can see what you are asking or limit your distribution to the point that you are almost invisible.

Where does Google have its discussion forums for Google Chrome browser? When I look for this in Google search I get nothing but dead ends It used to be easy to find this. I really dislike how dystopian the Internet is becoming. It feels like everything is turning into a useless black box. It feels like everything is getting hidden, and even if you find a discussion forum they make sure no one can see what you are asking or limit your distribution to the point that you are almost invisible.
i do not feel like the internet is dystopian. i find it pretty easy to navigate. a simple google search also came up with what @kate suggested. that link is to google's forums whcih they call community.

here is the over for the communities: Google Help Communities Overview - Google Communities Help

anyways.....who needs a google forum when you have this forum :p (y)

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
This looks like Googles discussion forum for Google Chrome:

Is that what you were looking for?

It feels like that functionality has stepped backwards. My "profile" is set to point to an old email I no longer have. If you are going to say it grabs that from the Google profile, I went there and removed that old email so it is no longer connected. After removing it, the profile still refers to the wrong email. When you "edit" the profile in the Google community, there is no way to edit the email. You can only edit your username.

All of the functionality that I remember being in the original Google Community is gone. What I see has no features to filter or search my prior contributions. I find that there is a "Community Console App" that you can install on Android, but how do we access even basic filtering and searching in the community using just Chrome web browser? The whole thing is frustrating. People want to be able to just search on the community and post. Instead I spend all my time on basic issues like navigation and how to change an email I no longer have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones