• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display 'scrolls' after displaying HD

I've only had my Galaxy tab for a few days, and this problem occurred on the very first day.

My first thought was that this was a problem with the unit itself and I would have to take it back, but after doing a factory reset, I went back to see if I could reproduce the problem. It took me a while but It seems to only happen after playing either HD video, or games with a lot of graphics.

I've got a couple of screenshots and a video I put together using my phone.

TabSS1.jpg

TabSS2.jpg

Here is the video of this ugly mess in action. The first half is just after it starts, and it keeps getting worse over time until I power off the device

Any ideas? Do I need to take this back and get another, or have it fixed, or is it caused by some setting or software? I've only installed a few apps so far, and all from either the marketplace, or the Samsung applet, so I doubt that it could be malware.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that turning off the display for a time will return it to normal for a while. but the glitch comes back. Actually powering off the device seems to put an end to it until I play my game or a HD video again.

:cool: Eric the Grey

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones