• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root dk28 - viper vs midnight?

chuhsi

Dec 30, 2009
I'm still using syndicaterom's 2.1 with xtreme kernel. I'm thinking about finally trying a dk28 kernel because i'm tired of waiting for the official.

should i go with viperrom or midnight rom?

I need:
- stability - everything must work and not crash
- speed - must have zero lag and be zippy quick
- no extra crap. i like streamlined roms

thanks!

Midnight rom is definitely fast and stable for me as well. I like it. and he is always updating his rom to be better and improved. (Not a fan of the dolphin browser though)

If you go to his blog, at lostandtired.com he has posted a fix for the voice search and the fix includes the stock browser. Just flash the zip file.

Reactions: only1penny
Upvote 0
I just flashed midNIGHT_ROM_v3.3_BYOR_Standard_Edition_AIO_FINAL and I have to say, this guy knows what he's doing. The update process that doesn't require wiping 800 billion time was awesome. Saved all my settings (minus a couple of sounds) including my text messages and everything. Really cool. A must try for anyone wanting a stable and flexible EXT4 ROM on their epic.

Reactions: only1penny
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones