• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DMX7706S works with old version of Android Auto, not new

NewArtDroid

Apr 26, 2013
New York City area
Back in October, I had a Kenwood DMX7706S receiver installed in my wife's car. My wife is a an iOS user so it has worked great for her. On my phone (Google Pixel 2XL) it connects via Bluetooth, but says it has connection problems when I try to hook up the cable. I am running the latest version of Android Auto. Oddly the DMX7706S definitely connects to my company phone, a Samsung Galaxy S9 that is still running the older version of Android Auto. I checked, and there are not any firmware updates for the DMX7706S. Any thoughts on how to get my phone to work with it.

Meanwhile, my Google Pixel 2XL connects great to my car, which has Android Auto built in. So the only issue is connecting my personal phone to my wife's car.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones