• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do 4k boxes/sticks output 4k on the "OS"?

DeadZedd

Lurker
Jun 1, 2016
Im looking to have a 4k android device connected to a large 4k screen to display information in a browser. I see some problem-areas and was hoping i could get some help from you experieced users :) I understand that it depends on devices etc, so any experience with this would be helpful.

1. Do these devices output a 4k operating system? Or is it just video-files that has this mode.
2. Can these devices run continuously for weeks? Im thinking of heat problems. A stick on the back of a wall mounted TV sounds kind of cramped/hot
3. What about browsers and performance. Can i install chrome on any of them and will it render SVG/css/canvas animations with a resonable framerate?

Example $30 stick (MK808B-Pro-4K-Amlogic-S905)

Example $49 box (MXIII-G Amlogic S812)

Example $99 box (Tronsmart-Vega-S95-Telos-Amlogic-S905)
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MK80...g-Bluetooth-DLNA-Miracast---Black-364598.html

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones