• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do I need to go back to stock to transfer phone to another line?

marsrunner

Oct 4, 2010
So I upgraded my phone today to a Droid 2 Global. My question is this...I'm going to transfer my Ally to my wife's line. I currently have FroYo rooted with A FroYo ROM. I followed Trident's guide to get to this point. Do I need to unroot the phone and go back to stock to transfer the phone using Verizon's online activation system, or can I do it with the phone rooted and a custom ROM? If I do need to go back to stock can I follow Trident's guide to get back to ZV6 and then just ignore updates until I get the line transfered? At that point I'm going to reroot the phone if need be. She'll want it rooted for the Wireless Tether option if nothing else.
Thanks for any replies and apologies if this was asked elsewhere. I looked, but did not find! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones