• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do T599 ROMS work with T599N metro pcs?

This only applies to the Meticulus roms. GamerRom will flash with no modifications. I will tell you that, while I have the same baseband as you, and have done this myself with seemingly no ill effects, you should be aware that there is some risk involved. There is a discussion going on about this over in the PacRom 5.0 thread, you might want to follow that.

This is assuming you are using Winrar, the steps should be similar for windows integrated or winzip, but I can't verify this.

Open the rom zip file and locate the "blobinstaller.sh" file.
Extract only that file, to your desktop or somewhere easy to find.
Open with a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++
Close the beginning of the file, locate this section:

Code:
then
            ui_print "BASEBAND = $VALUE"
            if [[ "$VALUE" == "T599NUVAMD4" ]]
            then
                CODENAME="codinamtr"
                VERSION="SGH-T599N"
            elif [[ "$VALUE" == "T599UVAMB5" ]]
            then
                CODENAME="codinatmo"
                VERSION="SGH-T599"
            elif [[ "$VALUE" == "T599VVLAME3" ]]
            then
                CODENAME="codinavid"
                VERSION="SGH-T599V"
            else

Change "T599NUVAMD4" to "T599NUVAOH1"
Save the file, make sure you keep the .sh extension, and that your text editor doesn't automatically add the .txt extension.
Double click on the zip for the rom you want to install.
Drag the blobinstaller.sh onto the window that just opened up.
Make sure Update mode is set to "Add and Replace".
Click OK.
That's it.

That's how I made it work. Like I said, that's how I do it using Winrar. I never encountered any bugs or anything like that, but you assume responsibility for it.

Upvote 0
This only applies to the Meticulus roms. GamerRom will flash with no modifications. I will tell you that, while I have the same baseband as you, and have done this myself with seemingly no ill effects, you should be aware that there is some risk involved. There is a discussion going on about this over in the PacRom 5.0 thread, you might want to follow that.

This is assuming you are using Winrar, the steps should be similar for windows integrated or winzip, but I can't verify this.

Open the rom zip file and locate the "blobinstaller.sh" file.
Extract only that file, to your desktop or somewhere easy to find.
Open with a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++
Close the beginning of the file, locate this section:

Code:
then
            ui_print "BASEBAND = $VALUE"
            if [[ "$VALUE" == "T599NUVAMD4" ]]
            then
                CODENAME="codinamtr"
                VERSION="SGH-T599N"
            elif [[ "$VALUE" == "T599UVAMB5" ]]
        n  then
                CODENAME="codinatmo"
                VERSION="SGH-T599"
            elif [[ "$VALUE" == "T599VVLAME3" ]]
            then
                CODENAME="codinavid"
                VERSION="SGH-T599V"
            else

Change "T599NUVAMD4" to "T599NUVAOH1"
Save the file, make sure you keep the .sh extension, and that your text editor doesn't automatically add the .txt extension.
Double click on the zip for the rom you want to install.
Drag the blobinstaller.sh onto the window that just opened up.
Make sure Update mode is set to "Add and Replace".
Click OK.
That's it.

That's how I made it work. Like I said, that's how I do it using Winrar. I never encountered any bugs or anything like that, but you assume responsibility for it.
Okay thanks. BTW, this is important. Do gamerRom 5 and 6 have WiFi working? And does it wipe the system while I'm flashing it? The reason I am asking is because I have an SD card right now and I don't have enough space to backup but if needed I can flash a stock ROM in Odin if i have to but I'd have to wait. Also which recovery should I use for gamerrom, philz or twrp? Answering these questions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones