• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I used literally a spray or two of eye glass cleaner on it just after buying it to clean it off before putting a screen protector on it. Hopefully, only doing that once did not hurt the screen. All the smudges and such on the screen do already drive me a little crazy, but thankfully the screen protector is on and I can wipe it without worrying about it too much. This is my first touch screen phone and it is an adjustment. Any advice is appreciated.

Upvote 0
I've been using eyeglass cleaner on mobile devices for ten or twelve years and it's never hurt anything. I do stay away from the kinds with alcohol though.

Well-diluted Windex may not hurt either (I have seen microscope repairmen use it on coated glass lenses), but I feel a little wary about the ammonia on plastic surfaces.

Really, the most important thing is to put any liquid on a cloth and not directly on the phone.

Upvote 0
We have a couple of throw blankets made of very soft material (microplush). They work great to clean and shine my touch remote control as well as my incredible. They remove all the oily fingerprints left behind from normal use and shine the glossy areas. Microfiber cloths are also good.

Hot water rinsed soft cotton cloth should be the only thing needed for any stubborn residue, and quickly dry off with similar soft cotton cloth.

Windex is a big no no for any sort of monitor, LCD TV, etc. I would classify the Inc's screen under that. Windex will strip surface of the screen, wouldn't even trust it dilluted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones