• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does 4.3 fix any of the outstanding bugs ? (i.e. screen brightness)

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the two most annoying bugs are fixed in 4.3 when it's loaded onto the original UK Nexus 7 16gb ?.

I'm thinking of these ones:

1. Screen brightness has a mind of its own when set to "auto"
2. When installing apps via Google Play the screen pulses/flickers, like it's trying to switch the focus to another page but something is stopping it (happens more when you try to install several apps at once). When you go to install the second app whilst one is in progress it keeps flipping back to the previous app info page.

TIA

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the two most annoying bugs are fixed in 4.3 when it's loaded onto the original UK Nexus 7 16gb ?.

I'm thinking of these ones:

1. Screen brightness has a mind of its own when set to "auto"
2. When installing apps via Google Play the screen pulses/flickers, like it's trying to switch the focus to another page but something is stopping it (happens more when you try to install several apps at once). When you go to install the second app whilst one is in progress it keeps flipping back to the previous app info page.

TIA

I can't speak for the first, but I had the second issue, and after updating to 4.3, I still have the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones