• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone else have this weird problem?

Everytime I put my X on the charger (on computer, car or in wall) the screen no longer works properly. It wont respond to my touches until i turn screen on/off a few times and then when it starts recognizing my touch, it goes crazy! Clicks random things, sends my phone through a seizure or something? I called Verizon a few days ago and forced them to send me a brand new replacement that will be here on Monday.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if it was just my phone or just something that happens with the X.

Thanks
Aaron

I have also seen this happen with debugging mode enabled and the phone plugged in via usb with the Moto Droid.

My Droid X did this the first couple days too (I've only had it about 5 days). I'd plug it into my computer though when I had this problem and the screen just goes blank. You can tell it is still slightly back lit, but I can't do anything to it (not even turn it off). I also got the debug screen as well. Should I ask them for a replacement? I also am getting terrible battery. I charged it completely last night and I unplugged it from the charger and it immediately dropped to 90%. I checked one voice mail and an hour later, it was down to 80%....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones