• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone else use WaveSecure?

I have a question though - it says this:

What happens when your Android phone is stolen? Don't fret if you have WaveSecure. Our mobile security service will automatically lock your phone once it detects a SIM change. This prevents unauthorized use and makes the phone worthless to the thief.

If her phone is stolen, the thief will not change the SIM, but will try and use hers. Otherwise Blackberry Security would be enough anyway (phone is locked to the Network). Can I remotely lock the phone as well ?

Upvote 0
Came across a nifty little app for the Hero called WaveSecure.

Does anyone else use it?

No because it sends the texts from Singapore and it costs you $$$$.

Uninstalled as soon as I discovered this deceit.

I also have LOADS of system lockups on my Hero that seem to have gone away since I removed it (can't be 100% sure it was WaveSecure, but the only other apps I removed weren't low level like WaveSecure, so it's the most likely).

Upvote 0
No because it sends the texts from Singapore and it costs you $$$$.

Uninstalled as soon as I discovered this deceit.

I also have LOADS of system lockups on my Hero that seem to have gone away since I removed it (can't be 100% sure it was WaveSecure, but the only other apps I removed weren't low level like WaveSecure, so it's the most likely).

I thought they fixed the international text thing. I was charged a few extra pence when I was testing it out, but I suppose the idea is that you hopefully will never need to use it.

Even if it costs a few pence if you do need to use it (i.e. if your phone is stolen) it's still better than not having any chance of getting your phone back.

Never had any problems with system lock-ups. Can't say how much it affects performance/battery life for sure, but I'm happy enough with it.

Upvote 0
dammit It's stupid that I can't move my account to my EVO. What bright mind thought it would be cool to not let ppl transfer the account to their brand new phone? I'm not paying for this after I had to pay $5+ from international text msg a few months back showing the app off to ppl.

really???
are u sure???
i thought it was only tied to your cell phone number. Did you change your number??

i have done a lot of moding / total wipes on my HERO... and each time.. i just go to market.. and redownload it. because as I understand it.. Like all apps that are purchased.. it is tired to our phone # and/or google account.

contact the dude here that is the rep of WS.. It looks like he is very helpful.

what have u tried?

Upvote 0
dammit It's stupid that I can't move my account to my EVO. What bright mind thought it would be cool to not let ppl transfer the account to their brand new phone? I'm not paying for this after I had to pay $5+ from international text msg a few months back showing the app off to ppl.
Your wavesecure account is tied to your phone number, not your phone. If you kept or transferred your old phone number when you got your new phone (new contract?) then your wavesecure account should still work.

I may be wrong, but i think you can even continue to use your account with a non-android phone (albeit one that supports wavesecure, obviously).

Upvote 0
It won't be so nifty when you see international text charges on your bill, you will be ranting like I did.

That was addressed months ago, for UK users anyway. Before you last posted in this thread claiming the same thing, in fact. Please see post #82. And yes, it does work. I've yet to see a non-UK SMS charge on my bill.

Upvote 0
OK so I installed Wavesecure and it does work on my EVO. My account info got transferred over. That's what I get for listening to a friend that said I'm screwed since I switched over. I should have installed the program and tried myself.

hahaha...LMAO... you posted a complaint before you even tried it?
that is just .... silly! right? :thinking: :cool:

i been there too! :p
so much miss-information running around!

but... I am glad you got it worked out. :)

Upvote 0
That was addressed months ago, for UK users anyway. Before you last posted in this thread claiming the same thing, in fact. Please see post #82. And yes, it does work. I've yet to see a non-UK SMS charge on my bill.

There is no claiming about it. It sends texts from Singapore, it was never mentioned in ANY documentation, and I wasted time contacting my network providor wondering why I have international texts on the bill.

In the end a google of the number found plenty of other people complaining of the same thing.

As for the post, is was only after I posted did I realise it was a thread bump, and there seemed no obvious way to delete the post.

Upvote 0
I have been using WaveSecure on my daughter's Blackberry for 3 months now. It works fine. I would have no idea if we got the confirmation message FROM Singapore, as we do not get charged here to receive SMS, only to send them and they went to a UK number.
But even if it does come from/to Singapore. It's only 0.20 in whatever money? And it's not like it sends these every day. It's a one-off.

Upvote 0
I can't use wavesecure because it never sends the verification SMS. It starts the timer and then just counts down while saying "verifying number," but I never actually receive an SMS text. I am entering my number in the form of "+1xxxxxxxxxx"

I had this problem with my WinMo Mogul on Sprint. I thought the problem was Sprint as in the past they have had problems with international SMS messages. However, I installed this to my EVO 4G on sprint and i got the SMS message.

BTW, WaveSecure won the Gettie Award and to celebrate thru the end of July they are offering 20% off. Here's the link to the promo:

https://www.wavesecure.com/buy.aspx?promo=paul

Upvote 0
OK so I installed Wavesecure and it does work on my EVO. My account info got transferred over. That's what I get for listening to a friend that said I'm screwed since I switched over. I should have installed the program and tried myself.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep my phone number when I switched from AT&T to Sprint in order to use an EVO and now WaveSecure tells me I'm screwed. I don't get to keep my 'lifetime' subscription even though I'm no longer using the old phone. I spent way too long on their site trying to figure out how to transfer the info, and then emailed them. They told me "This offer does not allow users to change their phones".

I'm pretty displeased about this.

So, I've downloaded iTag instead. I'm mostly looking for something to help me find my phone when I lose it. I think iTag will work for that and so far, they're free.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep my phone number when I switched from AT&T to Sprint in order to use an EVO and now WaveSecure tells me I'm screwed. I don't get to keep my 'lifetime' subscription even though I'm no longer using the old phone. I spent way too long on their site trying to figure out how to transfer the info, and then emailed them. They told me "This offer does not allow users to change their phones".

I'm pretty displeased about this.

So, I've downloaded iTag instead. I'm mostly looking for something to help me find my phone when I lose it. I think iTag will work for that and so far, they're free.

that sucks!!!!

they said.. lifetime... never said it was that phone only!!!
because phone life is very very short... 1-2 yrs normally

Upvote 0
Hi klen,
Try uninstalling and reinstalling WaveSecure. If that doesn't work, can you contact support at support@wavesecure.com?

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

hi Cheewee,

I am having issues with wavesecure. a week ago. It was stolen by a girl.. and had to lock it.

i got it back but had to replace the SD memory card.
I am trying to setup every thing on the new SD Card. I reloaded it from the market and tried to login. I does not remember me. It only allows me to register a new account, which I only want to login with my old account.

I was able to login at the website, and I tried to unlock it from there. But it did not work... it said was not able to contact the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones