• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does anyone have the GPS Fix for CM7 on Precedent

chrispuente

Lurker
Apr 27, 2012
Some one flashed CM7 for me earlier this year and I have lost my GPS, Talk to Text, and Swype Keypad. I have looked up AGPS and other Gps fixes for several other phones but none of them seem to work on my phone. I travel so the GPS is very important.
I used root explorer tried replacing the gps.conf file with an AGPS file that I found a link to that seemed to have been the answer for every one on the thread. Still no GPS lock.

About the only "fix" is to use the GSM and Wifi location methods. CWM7 doesn't use the GPS hardware (or screws it up, so it's effectively unused).

If you don't mind giving CWM up for now, AreaRom 2.3 works fine. AreaRom 3.0 probably works, but I haven't flashed it yet, so I can't tell you for sure. (But, running 2.3, I was watching the satellites come into view and going out of view yestersday, and the location was dead on [as far as GPS is dead on - my house occasionally takes a trip to the next block*], so I know GPS is okay with 2.3.)

*No one explain why - I know the physics of GPS.

Upvote 0
Yes, I was planning on going away from CWM to AreaRom 2.3 for now, but, here is the rub.

CWM has an awesome 'Corporate Account' feature where you can connect your exchange account and it syncs up everything (my email and calendar). Calendar especially. It syncs my google calendar with outlook calendar, which I love. But, I hated CWM yesterday just because it couldn't GPS and I was left with calling the wife asking for directions to a place just because I was lazy in pulling them up front.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones