1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Does Beautiful Widgets weather run independantly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rylando, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Rylando

Rylando Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    WaFo, NC
    I know there have been some problems with BW updating but my question is, does it's capability run on its own or does it rely on the pre-installed weather files? Just trying to clean up my ROM and remove as many apps as possible.

As a side note, please everyone try dsixda's kitchen. I've removed News, Stocks, Friend Stream and Google Talk. All the apps that I was told not to remove, in addition to all the bloatware and other junk I don't use.

Kitchen
    [KITCHEN][AUGUST 16 '10] HTC Android Kitchen, v0.86 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers

What I've removed so far
    xda-developers - View Single Post - Apps that are ok to remove with root

Advertisement

2. verngator

verngator Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    This may or may not answer your question...

I use Beautiful Live Weather's Live Wallpaper - which uses the included Grass Live Wallpaper - and had the same problem - the weather would not adjust. So somehow I suspect that BW is linked with some files already on the phone but not others.

The filx was adjusting weather settings in Beautiful Home Weather...even though I don't use the Beautiful Home Weather widget.

After adjusting in Beautiful Home Weather, tap Save & Apply...then if you don't want the date/time/weather widget showing, drag it off the screen to remove.

Now Grass has Weather...

3. Rylando

Rylando Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    WaFo, NC
    The new version (3.11) uses Accuweather or Google for data and it actually works.

Tags: