• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does moto G need Any antivirus installation?

sheelendra

Lurker
Apr 19, 2014
Hi Frnds,
I have purchased a new moto g(16GB) phone, its working fine but some time i have noticed, it looses the signals for some few seconds. After noticing such a big shortcoming i was really disappointed with this phone. I had never expected such type of shortcoming as i have read the good reviews before buying it.
Anyways if someone can help me with this network issue i would thanks them from my heart.

And one more query, as i have heard from friends that internal memory does not need any antiviruses. But i think i have to install a antivirus from google play.

What do you think guys?

Waiting for your valuable replies.

Thanks and blessings to all :)

Welcome to the forums, sheelendra! :hello:
I would say, for the most part, it doesn't need an anti-virus app. I've never used one personally. The only "virus" (as it's not really one) you may encounter is getting airpushed ads. They'll be little ads in your notification bar that are generally from some other app you've installed. Should that happen, you can install an air push ad detector to find the offending app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector

In terms of your signal problem, I'm not sure of the cause. Have you had good service where you are with previous phones? Have you checked to ensure your SIM is well seated?
This is a fantastic article that will help explain some more thoughts on Android and viruses:
http://androidforums.com/android-ap...explained-security-tips-avoiding-malware.html

Upvote 0
Viruses - no, other malware - yes, but it's easly avoided if you only download apps from play store/Amazon appstore. Usual things apply about not opening emails from unknown sources/not clicking links in emails. Oh, and turn off WiF- and BlueTooth when not in use. BT in particular, as someone can potentially get details about your phone (even if BT is on and the phone is not discoverable) or, worst case, connect to your phone and send files or read/copy data from your phone. Plus battery will last much longer without WiFi and Bluetooth radios active constantly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones