• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does my google account has a virus?

Vlavdrod

Lurker
Mar 25, 2016
So I own a Moto E (3rd gen). I use my google account for my google play cloud, youtube, mail, contacts, agenda etc. My phone is working fine till Google play-Services crashes constantly. I restart the device and then my button bar and time bar is gone, once I've opened an app I can't close it. So I restart the device again.
What happens now is that everything is black and I keep getting a constant popup of: android system ui has crashed. So I thought it was a OS mistake.

My next step was installing Cyagynmod. After it was installed (unlocking bootloader, installing twrp etc.) My device works fine for like a month or so until the same problem reoccurs. I made a backup point to when it still was working and I've setted up my phone how I wanted to.

So continuing this cycle for 3 months my device's battery died out. It's getting fixed right now and I have my dad's phone to use ATM (also a 3rd gen Moto e) after logging in with my google account for my data the same problem occurs a day after logging in (his phone has everything locked and no other os). So I immediately log out and everything works fine.

Then I knew something was up with my Google account. So I logged in again and see if it would happen, and it did.

Can someone explain to me what this is and what I need to do to fix this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones