• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does N.Korea having nuclear capability scare you?

I've yet to hear any of my intelligent friends support Trump

can I infer... that some of your stupid friends do support him?

a friend of mine did support Trump when he first announced his run ..
I argued with him that Trump was a chump...
He was thinking Trumps business savvy was what USA needed to get back on track.
I agreed that a good Business professional is what we need.. but Trump is too much a bully and angry and rude and underhanded. a combo that NO one wants in complete charge of the worlds strongest/biggest military force!

now he denies he ever thought that.

Upvote 0
I've yet to hear any of my intelligent friends support Trump

can I infer... that some of your stupid friends do support him?

a friend of mine did support Trump when he first announced his run ..
I argued with him that Trump was a chump...
He was thinking Trumps business savvy was what USA needed to get back on track.
I agreed that a good Business professional is what we need.. but Trump is too much a bully and angry and rude and underhanded. a combo that NO one wants in complete charge of the worlds strongest/biggest military force!

now he denies he ever thought that.
This convo should probably do better in the GOP thread.. [emoji28]

Upvote 0
It sure scares the hell out of me. They seem crazy enough to actually use it!
No... Because Kim is all talk. The Korean War has been long over, but N. Korea still believes the war is on-going. A cease fire and Treaty was signed without N. Korea's approval. They technically, had no say in it. So their justification is a satisfactory excuse.
The closest harm Kim will cause, is in his own backyard. Nothing the U.S. does or has done so far has changed the outlook for N. Korea. They keep on keeping on. The U.S. may take threats seriously, but for the most part, the government knows N. Korea has no nuclear capability as far as international missiles are concerned. S. Korea, whom is our allies may face immediate danger, but the U.S. and Japanese Support can and will eliminate that threat within a day---AND---without nuclear ballistics.
The U.S. has sent more than 1.5 Billion lbs. of food (About 300 Billion dollars in food aid) to N. Korea where Kim promised to disburse to the N. Korean nationals. What happened? He kept it and stored the food for his military and Regime officials only. Sanctions have not worked and will continue to prolong this way.
N. Korea is no threat to anyone really, besides those along it's borders and even that, will be taken care of swiftly.
China will stay out of this one as they do not condone N. Korea's actions. And Russia will just laugh.

Upvote 0
Actually Trump stated that China has control over N. Korea which is true to a large extent. He suggested that China should be urged to take the lead in dealing with N. Korea as they have the most leverage and influence with the regime in power there. I see nothing wrong with that rationale unless China doesn't care. Which I suspect is the case. I think Japan and other nations in the area should ramp up their defenses. We here in the United States should consider strikes without consulting China if they do nothing but sit on their hands. Same goes for Iran.

So you want more war? Besides Iran is no threat to America. Their slogans are all hollow from inside.

Upvote 0
The BBC sent a team of reporters to N.Korea, and I have seen their provocative reports. I mean doing things like photographing pictures of leaders in a gallery (which is forbidden and they knew it), asking deliberately provocative questions to people, causing the minders to step in.
I have to ask why do this? Such a colossal waste of money and pointless exercise. It's basically just poking a dog with a stick.
We all know the N.Korean people are severely restricted in what they do. We all know they are brainwashed into thinking the rest of the world wants to blow up their country with nukes, and hence why they need them. We all know the leaders are crackpot dictators.
Why, just why spend BBC license payers money going over things we already know? Pointless.

Well, in any case, they've now (not surprisingly) been ejected from the country. Good I say, as it brings this farce of a 'news' report to an end

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36244994

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Strategically, should N.Korea use a nuclear weapon in offense we cannot reply in kind. Not without sending the message to surrounding countries that we don't care about how the nuclear fall out would effect them. Strategically, all we can do is insure that we have a conventional plan in place that insures total infrastructure destruction of N.Korea in one short full sweep. We don't invade, we don't occupy, we just totally destroy. We then let China know that it is safe for them to go in and pick up the pieces, and ask them to do a better job of building N.Korea this time.

We should be great full that Kim is telling us exactly what we have to be prepared to do.

Upvote 0
china go in and rebuild???
more like take over and make part of china! that is NOT what we (and South Korea) want.

total collapse of North Korea? making the real victims (general population) suffer more.

Nuclear weapons from N. Korea... is like a stinger from a bee... once used on us, it knows it will die!
what ever they send into the air... we can MOST likely shoot down.

we can take out Kim and his goonies easy.. with lower collateral damage.
We then let South Korea.. go in and help build a unified Korea. Strengthen our alliance with South Korea.
(we need more friends.. next to growing China)

Upvote 0
china go in and rebuild???
more like take over and make part of china! that is NOT what we (and South Korea) want.

total collapse of North Korea? making the real victims (general population) suffer more.

Nuclear weapons from N. Korea... is like a stinger from a bee... once used on us, it knows it will die!
what ever they send into the air... we can MOST likely shoot down.

we can take out Kim and his goonies easy.. with lower collateral damage.
We then let South Korea.. go in and help build a unified Korea. Strengthen our alliance with South Korea.
(we need more friends.. next to growing China)

You are suggesting a preemptive strike and invasion, making us the bad guy. We would then probably end up at war with China with absolutely no real help from our friends.

Turning the place over to the South Koreans, or even attempting to would result in another Vietnam though probably on a much shorter term. We couldn't hold the place even if we really did want to. Why would anyone think the South could.

Do you really think that China would tolerate a prolonged United States military presence in North Korea? For every one N.Korean soldier we fought we would be facing ten Chinese. With America making the accusation, and the Chinese saying it ain't so. In the end the South would lose, and we pretty much lose right from the get go.

N.Korea needs to know that if they use nuclear weapons on us they will die. Not just the idiot and his goonies that pull the trigger.

Personally I think that Kim is posturing. Personally I don't think China has a problem with the man posturing, because if the U.S. is foolish enough to make a preemptive strike against N.Korea it's a win, win for them. At the minimum they get a bigger puppet, at what they might consider a minimum cost. On the other hand China needs to know that if Kim uses nuclear weapons on us there is not going to be anything of any value in N.Korea when we get done, and that we don't give a damn who rebuilds it so long as none of the money or help comes from us, and they stay the hell out of South Korea.

If N.Korea is not a puppet of china. Then those weapons are a bigger threat to China than they are to us. China is not stupid, wouldn't it be just lovely if we made a preemptive strike against N.Korea and solved that little problem for them.

Wouldn't that kind of make us the puppet.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
do you think any of the general public of N Korea has any idea what really is going on in their country or outside??? they only know what Kim lets them know. They are just trying to survive..
why do they need to be punished?

I did not say Preemptive strike..
I said....
if they send missiles of any kind at us.. we shoot them out of the sky. they make the first move.
then we take out Kim and the goonies....

then letting China and the whole world know...
we are assisting S Korea in re-uniting the country.. after a very long Civil war.

Upvote 0
do you think any of the general public of N Korea has any idea what really is going on in their country or outside??? they only know what Kim lets them know. They are just trying to survive..
why do they need to be punished?

I did not say Preemptive strike..
I said....
if they send missiles of any kind at us.. we shoot them out of the sky. they make the first move.
then we take out Kim and the goonies....

then letting China and the whole world know...
we are assisting S Korea in re-uniting the country.. after a very long Civil war.

I am pretty sure that it wasn't civil war that divided Korea. The truth is that considering history I don't see how anyone can call it a civil war.

When I was in the army nearly 40 years ago I was stationed in Germany right out side of Stuttgart. It was a very large beautiful modern city, and the same can be said about all of Germany at that time. When I came back stateside there were people I knew who had visions of Germany as a backwoods poverty stricken country ages behind America in their quality of life. When I told them that they were mistaken they simply called me a liar.

Americans need to stop thinking of other countries as backward and ignorant. I am fairly certain that the general public of North Korea is well educated, and no more ignorant of what's going on in their country than a lot of Americans are of what is actually going on in ours.

Do we believe everything we are told? I'm sure some of us do. Do they believe everything they are told? I'm sure some of them do. Can either of us do anything about it when we are lied to? Not much. Are all of us lied to? Every single day. All you have to do is turn the news on. On the other hand if the media is lied to. Well, a politician stands a better chance lying to Congress, than he, or she does lying to the media.

Does China control North Korea? Not likely. Can they influence North Korea? Money talks, and well, you know the rest of the saying. I am sure the same can be said about any of our friends in that area. Take away the money, take away the help, and the next thing you know they are best friends with China, and or Russia. I am fairly certain that a communist country, and a republic can get along quite well so long as it is financially beneficial to both countries. Then there is the fact that we are the ones who insist that one of them isn't actually a republic. Even though it is in the name they call themselves.

When North Korea invaded South Korea it was the Big Red Scare that motivated our actions. Now it is all about money, or is it still the Big Red Scare. No, it's probably the money. Of course we can always fall back on the Big Red Scare if our people need a little motivating.

It could simply be that Kim wants to invade the South again, and thinks that by showing off his weapons the world is just going to sit back and let him do what he wants out of fear. But even Kim should know that if you really want to know what fear is, mess with someone's money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones