• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Sony Xperia Z5 (E6653) support monitoring mode?

Hello guys, I did post that theme in stackoverflow, but no information from there, so I found that forum.
What is my problem ?
I want to turn on monitor mode on Sony Xperia z5.

• The exact model: E6653
  • PCI ID: 14e4:43ec
  • Chipset: BCM4356
  • Device is rooted.
I don't really know if this model with those specifications support monitoring mode, and there is really confusing information in google, add inexperience into that and its a boom ...

So I did read that devices with that pci id are fullmac and like 90% of those are hardware controlled for functionalities like monitoring mode, while softmac pci devices are controlled by softwares and 90 % of them do support monitor mode. Also did read that my pci is fullmac so the chance to not support monitoring mode is low, but there was forums that said it is supporting it, and the confusion became bigger.

So the questions are:

• Does my device with those specs support monitor mode ?
  • If yes, which driver should i download
  • If no, could you please give me alternatives for devices that do support it and are cheaper.
I am really gratefull for any help ! Thanks !!!

Are you looking for a network monitor like this? Or developing one as ocnbrze mentioned

networkmonitor.png

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hello mate !
I am trying to make the phone to monitor the network traffic.
Try using this Glasswire app, it's a comprehensive utility to gauge bandwidth speed on-the-fly for both WiFi and mobile data (cellular), and accumulate stats on data usage per app:
GlassWire Data Usage Monitor - Apps on Google Play
Needs to be noted there's similar functionality already buried in your phone's Settings menus, this app just consolidates that into a more extensive display.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones