• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the Eris native mail app support push?

I want to add my gmail settings to the native mail app and use that for gmail instead of using the gmail app. I dont like how you cant attach a file other than a photo using the gmail app and I like the layout of the native mail app.

If you add your gmail account to the native mail app can you still receive push email? I plan on disabling the sync settings for google in the main settings but that shouldn't affect an account added to the main mail app.

Stupid if the native mail app doesnt support push.

I want to add my gmail settings to the native mail app and use that for gmail instead of using the gmail app. I dont like how you cant attach a file other than a photo using the gmail app and I like the layout of the native mail app.

If you add your gmail account to the native mail app can you still receive push email? I plan on disabling the sync settings for google in the main settings but that shouldn't affect an account added to the main mail app.

No.

IIRC the minimum interval is 5 minutes. Fine for me. My emails aren't that time sensitive.

I believe that K9 does, though.

Upvote 0

I have run into the same exact problem you have. I've also deactivated the G-mail app and stuck with the native app on the phone. I now get visual notifications and mail counts on my G-mail account and company account which is what I needed.

Now if they just fix the contacts listing (last name first) and visual voice mail (can only monitor voice mails through the exterior speaker), I'd be happy

Not critical ---- but I am living with the 5 minute mail receive schedule for now.

Upvote 0
Hey Candy,

I got all my in coming's to work, but I'm trying to set up my outgoing server and it's not connecting.

It's an IMAP account; the server is smtp.me.com

I've configured it on a Touch as well as my computers Mail Program. My DreamHost e-mail works fine on my phone.

I dont see a dev site for K9, any idea where to maybe find an answer?

Upvote 0
It doens't even work on the regular mail app. I can receive my e-mail but not send them.

You need to go onto you provider's website and find out what the SMTP server is called.

In my case, I use pair networks and it's relay.pair.com

Also, make sure that your "needs authentication" is not checked unless it's required. Usually a login is not required to send mail.

Upvote 0
yeah i use k9 too

K9's index view sucks terribly, but it is very nice that it has the coarse slider when you want to file or look at a label and you have a bunch of labels. Thats a big omision from the native and Gmail app where you actually have to finger scroll the whole list.

Also saving and inserting attachments is so much better on HTC inbox and K9. The way gmail app handles them makes me so irritated I want to punch a google software engineer.

Upvote 0
You need to go onto you provider's website and find out what the SMTP server is called.

In my case, I use pair networks and it's relay.pair.com

Also, make sure that your "needs authentication" is not checked unless it's required. Usually a login is not required to send mail.

Hello, I am having problems with the outgoing server for my pair networks account on the Droid 2. I am receiving emails but when I try to send an email it fails. Can you tell me how you configured your outgoing server? I'm using an ACC (account control center) created email adress.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones