• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does this annoy you fellow Connect owners?

Dude, I just fell out of this truck laughing....

ae8dd56e-d403-49e7.jpg

Lol! Some of these guys are just too funny mike.

Btw, gamer..first score on the list is mine, for my connect .. can't see you nuking 7700+ with an esteem. Lets see it.

ae8dd525-d61f-bd5b.jpg

Upvote 0
Notification lights let you know whether you got something new by just looking at the phone without taking the phone in your hands and turning on the screen. It is very convenient, especially after you leave the phone on a desk unattended for short periods of time, our when you don't want any audio disturbances in a very silent room; vibration on a hard surface makes some noise.

sure,

but if you actually want to look at the new stuff you got you're going to have to turn the phone on anyway.

Upvote 0
sure,

but if you actually want to look at the new stuff you got you're going to have to turn the phone on anyway.

Of course, but you can be assured that you have not missed anything important without checking your phone every 15 minutes. For example, green light means new email, so that can wait. Blue light SMS, something more urgent. I have switched off audible alerts for emails because it is annoying, and green light is my only notification.

Upvote 0
Of course, buy you can be assured that you have not missed anything important without checking your phone every 15 minutes. For example, green light means new email, so that can wait. Blue light SMS, something more urgent. I have switched off audible alerts for emails because it is annoying, and green light is my only notification.

nice, but not vital. which is why they got rid of it. that and the ability to keep costs down.

Upvote 0
But it is nice, and more vital to me than having slightly better hardware. I don't play games, so I don't need a super machine.

so you're settling for a phone with inferior technology because thats all you need. nothing wrong with that.

someone said they prefered the admire over the connect for the same reasons. i always tell people who arent gonna do anything other than look at webpages, email, talk, and text to go with cheaper phones. no point in paying a bunch of money for something you're not gonna use.

Upvote 0
I am not settling for anything. I have a great phone that I love that does everything I do well (Skype, Email, GPS, Tourque, Camera, Video, Email etc) and has beautiful screen and chrome accents on the sides. If I settled, I would buy Connect after I sank my first LG Esteem.

What exactly do you want from me? Bugger off, pal!

Upvote 0
two things:

the thread is silly because i dont know why anyone would care that the esteem has a higher price tag than the connect. hell, for a while the attain was selling at a higher price. so what?

people are going to prefer certain phones because of certain aspects but the unarguable fact is the technology and capability of the esteem(and any other current metro 4g smartphone) is made obsolete by the connect. when someone makes this factual statement esteem owners get testy. i doesnt bother me when people say the evo 4G on virgin has superior technology and capability to the connect. i except that FACT and move on.

honestly, if i had gotten the esteem before the connect came out i would stick with the esteem. if you have one you dont need the other.

Upvote 0
You guys keep carrying on, you should meet out at the monkey bars.

It really doesn't matter which cell is better.

And Spike, I never had an esteem. I was worried in getting the connect so early, cause it might have problems, like the esteem had when it first came out.

The $20 jump in price is a long story. Lets just say they screwed me. And they are continuing to screw people over.

Reactions: Spike15
Upvote 0
Verrrry late, but the price increase on the esteem was justified by the fact that surprisingly...It costs more to make than the connect. Metro kept the esteem at such a low price because it was a forerunner phone for them. The connect is part of the next generation, but was meant as a cheaper holdoff until they started selling phones with ics as the main firmware.

quarter metro info, quarter lg info, the rest is guess work.

Upvote 0
Verrrry late, but the price increase on the esteem was justified by the fact that surprisingly...It costs more to make than the connect. Metro kept the esteem at such a low price because it was a forerunner phone for them. The connect is part of the next generation, but was meant as a cheaper holdoff until they started selling phones with ics as the main firmware.

quarter metro info, quarter lg info, the rest is guess work.

Lol, source?

Upvote 0
We all know the connect is a better phone, technicaly. Doesnt change the fact that the connect came in too late when other carriers have had dual cores with way bigger screens for a while. Its just the flagship phone that people are waiting to be replaced with a better phone already.

Metro has been behind in the smartphone game for a long time now if you want to be on point! Which it being prepaid, their goal is not to compete with the top 4, but to compete with the other prepaid services(including the prepaid side of the top 4)Which metro does actually pretty well at for most consumer trying to save money or dont want to pay high deposit with the top 4 just to have a cell phone! Hence why you see more cheap phone than you do something actually worthy of a techie.

But back to my main point, i went to pay my mom bill. And noticed that im pretty much covered in lte now for them and went to go see what phones they offer now. The sales rep also told me the gs3 is coming to metro and that it will be downgrade the specs a lil like they did the esteem!(Which i figured since i know the cost of that phone isnt going to run metro cheap)

But this girl in front of me acting like she was the *hit, was like

Girl- Hey whats your best phone out right now!
Salesgirl- the connect and the esteem. But i prefer the connect for its specs
Girl- Then why that *hit cheaper than the esteem?
Salesgirl- Well the esteem has a lil bigger screen and hdmi, but the connect is dual core, 1gb or ram, nova display, yada yada....
Girl- Well the esteem must be worth the price cause they both lg and the esteem has to be better cause its price way more than the other lg?
Salesgirl- (seeing here face tell she just wanted the sale) Yea......it is
Girl- Well i take the esteem! Got to stunt on them h*s

Me- Laughing and doing a face palm at the same time!

THIS is the reason why the phone is more cause metro knows people are just going to walk in their and go "They both lg, this one must be better cause its cost more!"

Get as much money as you can for any device!
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yah, I kinda laughed when I saw the specs sheet for the esteem. One core... less RAM... same resolution (just a slightly larger screen), AND its $100 more. Yah Im glad I paid less for one of the fastest androids available right now. : )

Actually metro does this crap every time they are about to let go of a phone. Don't be surprised if they increase the price of the connect in a few months once they start subsidizing newer models. I have an LG Esteem but it would be really stupid to buy it for $380. The same goes for that stupid light ray phone that came out. It is practically double what the connect cost and stats wise I could argue the connect is almost as good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones