• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does Youtube still stutter/freezes

YouTube still freezes for me sometimes. It will play the video but I can't do anything else - no on-screen controls, home button doesn't work so I have to hold power until it reboots.

When I first upgraded to 4.1.2 videos that I'd recorded also stuttered, but doing that battery drain thing fixed that. I'm sure Youtube never used to do that, so I'm wondering if it's the recent versino of the app that is causing it. I might uninstall updates and see how that goes.

Upvote 0
If anyone's still having trouble with YouTube freezing, I've found that uninstalling the app and using one called SuperTube works fine. I haven't had any problems for 2 or 3 weeks.

Occasionally an app will want to launch the video in YouTube, but you can just share the link with SuperTube or copy and paste the url.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones