• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

downloading attachments in email

In order to download in the browser, you need to install a file manager like Astro. There's a setting in Astro under "Helper Apps" called "Enable Browser Download." Once it is enabled, you can download files from the browser. I don't know of any other way to enable downloads from the browser. Good luck! :D

Upvote 0
thanks for ya help yosef, I did what u said and for some odd reason its not letting me open up the attachments. I tried to open up files and photos and it wont let me open either one.when I hit details it shows the attachments in words but not links to click.any help is appreciated
thanks guys

Upvote 0
open dolphin go to email.go to email with attachment file and photo in hit details.it shows the attachments as they were typed on and not a link to click on.on stock browser same thing but go to settings maker sure show downloads is enabled it is and it does same way dolphin browser does. all this is being done with adjusting the settings in astro viewer changed to

Upvote 0
yeap its hotmail...i appreciate your help..guess ima just start getting everything sent to my gmail acct and drop my hotmail one.
thanks again
ryan

I have two hotmail accounts on my phone, and you can download files attached to emails from them just fine.

The difference is that I am not using the web browser interface - I am using the (HTC) "Mail" app directly, configured to pull/send mail from/to Hotmail.

Steps.

1) Mail -> Menu -> More -> New account -> Other (POP3/IMAP)
2) enter your e-mail address, ex: joeuser@hotmail.com
3) enter your password (easier if you tap the "Show password" button)
4) Click "Manual setup"

Incoming settings
Protocol: POP
Email address: joeuser@hotmail.com
Username: joeuser@hotmail.com
Password: (should already be here, enter it if not)
POP Server: pop3.live.com
Security Type: SSL
Server port: 995

Click Next (setup will check your login w/ the pop3.live.com machine)

Outgoing server settings
x Login required (select this)
Username: joeuser@hotmail.com
Password: (enter same value as Incoming settings above)
SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Security Type: TLS
Server port: 25

Click Next/Finish

HTH

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones