1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Downloads from Market only on Wifi??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrenewill, Jun 3, 2011.

1. jrenewill

jrenewill Member
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    :thinking:
    Since my updated GB download, my market downloads will ONLY work if I'm connected to wifi. Is this a mandatory change from VZN? Can I change this setting somewhere?

As I have mentioned in other threads, I can't get wifi to work anymore--it won't stay connected since the update. Therefore, I can't download ANYTHING from the market!

Help is appreciated!

Advertisement

2. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Go into Settings, then Battery & data manager. Tap on Data Saver and make sure that Enable data saver is not checked. If it is checked, market downloads can only happen via wifi.

TonyaK likes this.
  3. jrenewill

jrenewill Member
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Tried that...it wasn't the problem. Is this a new requirement with GB? that you have to have wifi to download from the market?

I got wifi to work by changing my wifi settings on my router. But, I still can't believe that I can't download apps unless I'm connected with wifi.

4. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    So Cal
    No it's not a GB thing. Its a setting or issue with your phone.

Some market issues have been resolved by going into
    Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market> force stop, clear cache, clear data, and uninstall update

5. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Definitely not a GB thing. I just uninstalled and re-installed LPP and ADW Launcher EX using 3G without any problems. I have run across a couple of apps recently that require you to load via wifi (forget which ones) because of size, but any that do would say that in the Market description.

6. fonefreak

fonefreak Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    North of the ecliptic
    Here's something else to consider:

If your DX is connected to your PC via cable or Bluetooth for any reason, whether charging or transferring files, you will get the download by wifi every time. For some reason, you cannot be connected to your PC or laptop or netbook or whatever (may even apply to wireless headphones though I haven't tried it) when accessing either Market or Amazon's App Store.

Personal experience on every custom ROM and every variation of Froyo and Gingerbread and on 4 different DXs.