• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloads from Market only on Wifi??

jrenewill

Apr 7, 2010
:thinking:
Since my updated GB download, my market downloads will ONLY work if I'm connected to wifi. Is this a mandatory change from VZN? Can I change this setting somewhere?

As I have mentioned in other threads, I can't get wifi to work anymore--it won't stay connected since the update. Therefore, I can't download ANYTHING from the market!

Help is appreciated!

:thinking:
Since my updated GB download, my market downloads will ONLY work if I'm connected to wifi. Is this a mandatory change from VZN? Can I change this setting somewhere?

As I have mentioned in other threads, I can't get wifi to work anymore--it won't stay connected since the update. Therefore, I can't download ANYTHING from the market!

Help is appreciated!

Go into Settings, then Battery & data manager. Tap on Data Saver and make sure that Enable data saver is not checked. If it is checked, market downloads can only happen via wifi.

Reactions: TonyaK
Upvote 0
Here's something else to consider:

If your DX is connected to your PC via cable or Bluetooth for any reason, whether charging or transferring files, you will get the download by wifi every time. For some reason, you cannot be connected to your PC or laptop or netbook or whatever (may even apply to wireless headphones though I haven't tried it) when accessing either Market or Amazon's App Store.

Personal experience on every custom ROM and every variation of Froyo and Gingerbread and on 4 different DXs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones