• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Drag Racing (Creative Mobile) Atrix Graphics & Sound

BravoGolfTango

Apr 1, 2011
  • GRAPHICS - Anyone else with the Atrix playing this game? I've played this game on the one of the Motorolla pads (forget the make/model) and on the pad it was choppy in both graphics and sound choppy. I didn't have time to test it on the Motorolla pad (new one). I was at BestBuy playing with toys as usual when I found the game on the screen. I will say this Atrix has some powerful capability. While this isn't the most incredibly graphic game out there I was impressed out how smooth both sound and graphics were on the Atrix. That said I do not believe it's even taxing the gaming capability hardware features the Atrix offers, not this particular game at least.
  • GAMEPLAY - Literally where the rubber meets the road on this game is in the gameplay itself. I used to drag race and have built two of my own cars myself and pretty well versed in the real-life "how it works" aspect. That said this is a game so I expect little from a mere game.
    • Pros
      • Addicting for those who like to self-challenge.
      • Car customization is mechanically arcade, I'll leave it at that.
      • Competitive game, enthusiasts will find themselves delving into various strategies for each type of car to beat the opponent. Like launching in 2nd gear with nitrous for the top-end lvl-9 cars vs jamming all the gears in the low to mid class vehicles.
    • Cons
      • There is a growing number of us players who feel the online gaming is either fake or so badly programmed that Creative should start over.
        • For example the stock Bugatti SS is to date the worlds fastest production car 268mph with 1202bhp, period. Any true car enthusiast out there knows the SS specs and it's capability with it's new 1202bhp. Yet in the game they provide a Hennessy Venom GT with it's 1200bhp and it's advertised but not tested 267mph. One with any common sense would say ok, close, should be a tie within comparable drivers, nope this Hennessy blows the doors off the Bugatti SS like it was your Mom's minivan. Pretty lame. And we're talking the SS not the older Buggati.
      • The two aforementioned vehicles are two of the quickest in the world with the Bugatti Veyron SS being the Guiness record setter. Then comes the Ultimate Aero, lol...while us proud Americans are happy we built a competitor, the new Bugatti SS beat the record the Aero set. Yet in this game the Aero smokes almost everything and I won't even bother with the Aero's real life specs, google it, just not a comparable vehicle to the SS.
      • KW units vs US Standard. Contacted Creative and they are working on this along with a heads-up "PRIOR-UPGRADING" your vehicle notation in the game that your car is about to reach the next level. Very important for those familiar with this game. If you're not careful you can outclass your new fangled beast of a car and rarely win an online race because you've reached the next level when you were not ready.
In closing Creative is working on (any day now) another update to fix the wheel graphics on garage previews which their last update screwed up in the multi-car display. They are also working on improving the online gameplay which many of us are convinced is outright fake alltogether which is really dissapointing but a few of us have proved something is amiss. Finally Creative is supposedly going to have an online leaderboard/Users/vs right now it's just a big mystery as to who we're racing against, if anyone real.

Bottom-line, fun game, for free one can't complain much, if they required payment, with some tweaks the game would be worth a couple bucks.

Oh man the online in this game is utterly fake its so obvious. After playing it for a couple hours tonight you start to see the same repititious patterns the game wants you to do to win so called "player battles online" for instance youll find sometimes in an identical car battle the other car speeds right off the start even though you perfect start...well the cure to winning this type of rigged setup is to rev max at start and whenflag is down change to gear 2 quickly and hit nos between gears 2-3 and ull simply win...then ull notice the pattern will change next time with that vehicle then when that tactic doesnt work...you just find yourself with 2-3 different ways to beat this rigged online bot. I like this game for its fun factor but i really dislike them being fake and lying about online. They now have people creating profiles to build a name database so they can further generate and fake usernames in these battles.to make u think ur actually racing a real person which just ticks me off because ive clearly mastered their rigged patterns in online play and its painfully obvious its an npc and the game through hints even urge u to change and adapt ur racing style...hmmm i wonder hint hint.

Upvote 0
Online is definitely real. I run different registered users and some of the same, some people know cars better than others. Perfect launches and shifts aren't always best.

I'm ready for Pro League to kill the fake rumors.

im assuming this is just a troll attempt...cuz if ur serious...i lol'd. How can u not see the scripted patterns after playing many back to back? They do a decent job at faking online but it doesnt fool avid gamers and tech savvy peeps like i. I know perfect shifts arent everything...but when ur riding identical vehicles and the npc accelerates faster than you no matter what you do itll win unless you rev max and gear 2 on start into nos. And thats just one pattern used to counter win on its selected patterns...then once u beat that particular vehicle the pattern will change so u may have to perfect shift instead and nos at gear 3 and etc. Different patterns difft vehicles but after playing for 2 hours straight online battles i literally see the npc scrippted patterns they make you counter and think ur playing an online opponent. I got over $900,000 and over 3000+ resp points in 2 hours because the npc patterns in "online mode" is so predictable to beat. If theres any real online i think it would be pro league...but thats not avail. Currently...we'll see tho. Online battles are most def. Faked though.

Upvote 0
I guess 22 years of gaming and 12 years of tech experience fail me. :| 'Cause it seems real to me. And I guess I suck at the game, because I see no patterns and I lose as often as I win.

I like the faked "Can't find opponent" as well.

Lol man do u even know how easy it is to fake a message like that on a random basis? The profile names helped generate a name database so they can apply them to vehicles u play against its all so simple. Obviously u dont see any patterns cuz theres techniques on a technical level to beat these "players" which i honestly think are bots and its easy to see their counter patterns to beat them because if u dont do the counter pattern its impossible to win...they force u to change up ur racing style because of these set patterns that wont let u win unless u find out the counter technique...and the patterns also change per tiers if u didnt notice and get a bit harder. But if u want to believe its real online...thats cool. I just laugh when i see people say "im the best at this game just try to beat me online".

Upvote 0
hey, lol i didn't mean to come off too strong or offensive towards you, i can't even fully say i'm 100% sure it's fake either, but based off what i've played and experienced thus far it feels very very fake, that's just my opinion though because i see a lot of people falling for it being "real" online and if it is indeed real, then i admit i'm an idiot and a failure...but if it indeed is fake...then they've successfully faked online and tricked a whole lot of people lol. nonetheless the game has fun gameplay fake or non-fake online it's still a decently fun game to play and waste time on :) no hard feelings.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip about launching in 2nd with nos. Its much easier to win now. lol.
Its fun, but glad its free cuz I dont think its worth paying for

Depends on the car..

my favorite is the black Ferrari (fully upgraded)

You launch shift strait to 3rd nitrous in after shifting into 4th

Now i need to find which is the over all fastest car in the game..
i just sold my Ferrari and thought i had enough for the henessy but im a few though off :douh:

Upvote 0
Well after several emails back and forth I find it interesting they have only replied once, avoided my inquiry about online realism but oh well, it's free. I like the latest couple of patches since I posted this thread, they've come along. Hands down fastest car in the world is the Bugatti Veyron SS and I should expect this companies programmers to fully understand that the POS Hennessey car that shouldn't even be in this game and the Aero are along with the Bugatti SS the fastest, period. I have to say though the next day after my email explaining to them the difference between the Bugatti SS and standard version they not only fixed it but added the standard Bugatti Veyron so I give them credit for putting forth effort.

I like that you at least make about $2k on average with online battles even if you lose. What I do find stupid in this game is the higher level cars requiring hundreds of thousands of dollars to upgrade say an ECU or Fuel Pump, lol...the programmers just dumbed the game down when they did that. While it doesn't have to be spot on, still at least put for some effort in parts procurement.

That leads to my next question, $900,000 for a TUNE? Really? Haha I'm very familiar with Dyno tunes, had my fair share of about $500 a pop and have seen some half million dollar cars pull up on the dyno after mine was backed off....yup guess what? You got it...$500 to tune the Ferrari, or Lambo....or whatever, doesn't matter. Again, the dumbed the game down with this. So I'm curious who bought the TUNE and how much bhp did it give you? I have about $100,000 to have enough to purchase it, about 10 winning races and 15 minutes I guess. Just curious if it's worth the expense?

Upvote 0
Tune just let's you change gear ratios and nitrous duration.

As in permanently one-time deal or as I wish on my own anytime? Wouldn't mind it if tuneable as in I can change the tune at-will for free after purchasing it once.

Then again with $820,000 that's stage 3 engine and stage 3 turbo for me....hmmm. Truth is the Bugatti's shifting is golden as-is, it takes complete advantage of the lower gears on launch, excellent 60' times. I mostly race 1/4 mile though and I guess deeper gears in the 1/2 would net me maybe some mph at the traps, might try this TUNE option if it's editable after purchase.

Upvote 0
Online is definitely real. I run different registered users and some of the same, some people know cars better than others. Perfect launches and shifts aren't always best.

I'm ready for Pro League to kill the fake rumors.

Online is 100% fake. Test this by not hitting your gas pedal. The race doesn't start until you press it. You can wait 10 minutes and when you do press it, your opponent will race you like they're still there. Lies.

I guess 22 years of gaming and 12 years of tech experience fail me. :| 'Cause it seems real to me. And I guess I suck at the game, because I see no patterns and I lose as often as I win.

I like the faked "Can't find opponent" as well.

I don't have anywhere near that much experience, but it was easy for me to figure it out.

Upvote 0
im assuming this is just a troll attempt...cuz if ur serious...i lol'd. How can u not see the scripted patterns after playing many back to back? They do a decent job at faking online but it doesnt fool avid gamers and tech savvy peeps like i. I know perfect shifts arent everything...but when ur riding identical vehicles and the npc accelerates faster than you no matter what you do itll win unless you rev max and gear 2 on start into nos. And thats just one pattern used to counter win on its selected patterns...then once u beat that particular vehicle the pattern will change so u may have to perfect shift instead and nos at gear 3 and etc. Different patterns difft vehicles but after playing for 2 hours straight online battles i literally see the npc scrippted patterns they make you counter and think ur playing an online opponent. I got over $900,000 and over 3000+ resp points in 2 hours because the npc patterns in "online mode" is so predictable to beat. If theres any real online i think it would be pro league...but thats not avail. Currently...we'll see tho. Online battles are most def. Faked though.

the drivers battle and all that may be fake but pro league is real. me and my brother were racing against eachother and our screens showed same places and times for everyone we raced against.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones