• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DROID 3 Update Problems

HSVDroid3

Lurker
Aug 7, 2012
Not sure if this is better here or under the root sub forum but I am having issue trying to apply an update to my Droid3. It started when I tried to update OTA but it kept failing.

Finally I have tried the getting into the clockworkmod recovery and running the manual install but I get an error:

failed to verify whole-file signature

then it aborts the install.

Any clues how to get past this? My phone has been increasingly flaky over the last couple of weeks so I hoped an update would fix it.

Thanks.

Not sure if this is better here or under the root sub forum but I am having issue trying to apply an update to my Droid3. It started when I tried to update OTA but it kept failing.

Finally I have tried the getting into the clockworkmod recovery and running the manual install but I get an error:

failed to verify whole-file signature

then it aborts the install.

Any clues how to get past this? My phone has been increasingly flaky over the last couple of weeks so I hoped an update would fix it.

Thanks.

If you are trying to install the stock Droid 3 update, I believe that you do so from stock Recovery, not from Clockwork Recovery.

But, before you do anything else, where did you get the update that you are trying to install? Do you have a link for it?

I am going to move to All Things Root as well...

Upvote 0
I got the files from the link in the Ultimate Droid3 Root Guide. I used these steps and now it wont boot to even recovery

Unbricking/SBFing the DROID3 (Or returning to stock without a Nandroid)
So, you did something you weren't supposed to do, and now you're left with a brick (or you forgot to make a Nandroid, and want to go back to stock).
Download this One Click SBF rar file by psouza4 from XDA, and this SBF file.
This SBF will completely wipe your device and install software version 5.6.890 on your phone.
To use:
Step 1) Make sure you have the most recent Moto drivers installed.
Step 2) Extract the zip to a folder on your computer.
Step 3) Extract all of the SBF contents into the "files" folder in the folder you unzipped.
Step 4) Power down your phone.
Step 5) While holding the Vol + and Vol - buttons, power on your phone.
Step 6) Select "AP Fastboot"
Step 7) Once your phone says it is connect, double click "CLICK HERE - Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone.bat"
Step 6) Wait for your phone to reboot, then are back on the Stock OTA 5.6.890 update.

Upvote 0
Any idea where to get a full back up from a stock droid 3 including the file structure? Also I have tried to update using moto-fastboot and a .zip file but keep getting the error archive does not contain android-info.txt file same error for the android-product.txt file.

It now wont even boot into recovery mode just AP Fastboot.

Yeah! not...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones