• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Email Deletions

brevibloc

Lurker
Feb 29, 2012
I new to this site so let me start out by saying Hola to all even though i don't speak spanish.
My question is I have the droid bionic and i have it sync with my email account from work. When i read an email and delete it from my phone it deletes it from my email at work which i need to keep. I need to know if there is a way to delete from phone and still maintain it in my work email account? when i had a blackberry it wouldn't delete from my work email.

Thanks for any help.:eek:

Go to MAIL. Select an account. Press button (2nd from left on bottom of phone) that brings up Refresh, Sort, etc....Click on MORE, then SETTINGS. Then when menu comes up, select SEND & RECEIVE.

See DELETE MAIL ON SERVER....Turn that off. Also if you want msgs to delete from Cell phone when you delete them from the mail server, checkmark "Synch Deleted items from server".

Reactions: brevibloc
Upvote 0
Go to MAIL. Select an account. Press button (2nd from left on bottom of phone) that brings up Refresh, Sort, etc....Click on MORE, then SETTINGS. Then when menu comes up, select SEND & RECEIVE.

See DELETE MAIL ON SERVER....Turn that off. Also if you want msgs to delete from Cell phone when you delete them from the mail server, checkmark "Synch Deleted items from server".

What mail app and email account is this with? Totally different than my gmail or email app with roadrunner email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones