• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Eris Help & Questions

dwright0508

Lurker
Apr 19, 2010
I have had the Droid Eris now for a month. I have seen the ins & outs and the pros & cons. But I have some questions now.

1. I am in a Mac. Is there anything I should know, like anything that limits me on here.

2. I have some folders that appear everytime I format my memory card. One is rosie_scroll and the other is tmp. What are those and do I need them.

3. This question kind of goes along with the last one. Do I need folders that I don't have now, or vice versa. The folders I have right now are:
>albumthumbs
>amazonmp3(there is nothing in this folder, I do not use Amazon)
>DCIM
>100MEDIA(subfolder)
>MUSIC(subfolder)
>rosie_scroll
>tmp

4.My next question is; can I put movies and TV shows I have in iTunes on my Droid Eris. Because I have a pretty good amount of media.

5. Next, should I be doing stuff to keep my droid running fast, becuase I notice is slowing down a little, also should I be
powering down every night.

6. This one is really bothering me, I will be texting sometimes and it will have an error message, with something like com.htc has stopped working your message with be saved in drafts and it says something else about the network.

7. Lastly, I need some help with the open office feature. I have a couple of email attachments with Microsoft word documents in them. I save them to the SD card and then go into open office and nothing is there. Can anyone help.

That is about it if anyone has any other tips feel free to leave them please

1. only if you have something requiring M$
2. & 3. folders are generated by thier respective programs, you can delete them but they will just come back.
4. check the android media boards
5. turn off animations, look for call log trimmer. there are a few threads on here with other tips too.
6. try rebooting phone? *shrugs*

Upvote 0
1. Not really, If you sync everything with Google - calendar, contacts - and you want them synced with your desktop I would suggest trying out an app called Spanning Sync, which can sync that data with iCal and Address Book (though Address Book with Leopard and Snow Leopard can sync contacts with Google out of the box, Spanning Sync adds the calendar sync and they do a great job recognizing duplicates, etc. However, it's not necessary, either.

3. DCIM stores photos (and videos, I guess) taken with the camera.

4. Well, if these movies and TV shows are purchased from the iTunes Store, I'm afraid not - these have DRM and cannot be played on the Eris. If you ripped them using an app like Handbrake, you should be all set. Anything without DRM that can play on an iPhone or iPod Touch should play on the Eris. There is a decent app (desktop Mac app, that is) called doubleTwist for syncing media with iTunes content. See Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

5. There is a pretty rich thread topic on battery optimization: check it out.

Upvote 0
I have had the Droid Eris now for a month. I have seen the ins & outs and the pros & cons. But I have some questions now.

1. I am in a Mac. Is there anything I should know, like anything that limits me on here.

2. I have some folders that appear everytime I format my memory card. One is rosie_scroll and the other is tmp. What are those and do I need them.

3. This question kind of goes along with the last one. Do I need folders that I don't have now, or vice versa. The folders I have right now are:
>albumthumbs
>amazonmp3(there is nothing in this folder, I do not use Amazon)
>DCIM
>100MEDIA(subfolder)
>MUSIC(subfolder)
>rosie_scroll
>tmp

4.My next question is; can I put movies and TV shows I have in iTunes on my Droid Eris. Because I have a pretty good amount of media.

5. Next, should I be doing stuff to keep my droid running fast, becuase I notice is slowing down a little, also should I be
powering down every night.

6. This one is really bothering me, I will be texting sometimes and it will have an error message, with something like com.htc has stopped working your message with be saved in drafts and it says something else about the network.

7. Lastly, I need some help with the open office feature. I have a couple of email attachments with Microsoft word documents in them. I save them to the SD card and then go into open office and nothing is there. Can anyone help.

That is about it if anyone has any other tips feel free to leave them please

well i can tell you rosie is "SENSE" so that folder will be there as long as you have HTC sense on your phone....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones