• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid got wet!! Help!!

tholen9109

Lurker
May 31, 2010
this past weekend my droid and i went for a little swim. wasnt thinking and forgot it was in my pocket. i took the battery out right away and when i got back to the house took a hair dryer to it. i then put the phone in some rice for about 24 hrs.

now the phone will only power on when it is hooked up to the charger and when it is hooked up, it says "connect to charger" and the red light is flashing. with the charger hooked up the white light on the side is not on. i don't see why it would let the phone be on and not charge it. the phone also works fine when hooked up..does everything it should.

any help would be great with this! if nothin else i might just have to use the good 'ol insurance i pay for.

thanks!!

Reactions: fndeda
this past weekend my droid and i went for a little swim. wasnt thinking and forgot it was in my pocket. i took the battery out right away and when i got back to the house took a hair dryer to it. i then put the phone in some rice for about 24 hrs.

now the phone will only power on when it is hooked up to the charger and when it is hooked up, it says "connect to charger" and the red light is flashing. with the charger hooked up the white light on the side is not on. i don't see why it would let the phone be on and not charge it. the phone also works fine when hooked up..does everything it should.

any help would be great with this! if nothin else i might just have to use the good 'ol insurance i pay for.

thanks!!

Do you have a spare battery? Might want to get one if you haven't already. The battery may have been destroyed and the good news is that the phone seems to operate despite holding a charge.

Good Luck...I hope you can bring it back!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones