• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible 3?

If you upgrade through the Verizon website, through Verizon's phone ordering, or at a Verizon corporate store, you will retain your grandfathered data plan.

If you upgrade through Amazon, Lets Talk, Wirefly, or a Verizon authorized retailer/reseller who is NOT a corporate store, you will have to choose one of the tiered data plans.

hmmm.... this is not what I was told when I called Verizon because I was calling them about upgrading through Walmart. They told me that when you are grandfathered into the unlimited data plan you will stay grandfathered in no matter what. However, if you are like me and have an old Alltel plan or something other then the Verizon National Freedom voice plans, you will be forced to select a new voice plan. You WILL lose your voice plan then. However i was told that even though it makes you select a tierd data plan, it doesn't actually change it at Verizon if you are grandfathered into the unlimited... That is what I was told and I have seen this same scenerio posted by others. If you are concered call Verizon and ask...

Upvote 0
That won't happen; I just upgraded with a discount and still have my unlimited . Only really have to be careful when upgrading through a reseller if you are a former alltel customer.

Correct, I am an old Alltel customer and I can not upgrade through a 3rd party if I want to keep my Alltel Voice Plan. The unlimited data stays no matter what. You are grandfathered in to that.. I called and asked, but the voice plan will change. If you like your old Alltel Voice plan like me, you need to upgrade through Verizon only..

Upvote 0
surprisingly have had an upgrade for a couple months now and still keeping my inc... played with the GN in the store and while ok, I actually liked the HTC rezound better but still didn't find either really worth using an upgrade or spending $250 with discount.... my rooted inc is pretty much where I want it, the beats sound on the rezound while a little gimmicky IMO you can get an app at market that pretty much creates that sound if you want as well as increasing the volume, base, adding eq on the inc...I don't really need 4g that badly as I use wifi probably 80% of the time where I am at and when not I am just fine with 3g for email, etc....plus my extended batteries/wall charger with same back work great and get me through from morning till night....just amazing the phone is 2 years old and still rocks even with all the new phones hitting the market place....plus I really do not need quad core processor in 2012 for my phone...lol!

Reactions: jamala00 and today
Upvote 0
An unpopular opinion, I'm sure...

Quad Core? Do we really need that much processing power in our pockets? I know, I know... the apps are only going to get better and more complex and that kind of power would help them get better, but when I'm looking at a phone that's going to have specs that are rivaling my laptop (Dual Core, 1.75 GHz, lovely Lenovo Thinkpad T500), then I think we may be getting a little out of control.

Upvote 0
The HTC Edge is what I'm looking forward too. I've become as addicted to the edge as I was to the Dinc before it came out... Google searches to find any new info, message board checks, etc. The stats look awesome and I don't know that I'll mind the bigger screen as I tend to watch Netflix at work on occasion. I'm just hoping it comes to Verizon and releases soon.

Reactions: 1868
Upvote 0
The HTC Edge is what I'm looking forward too. I've become as addicted to the edge as I was to the Dinc before it came out... Google searches to find any new info, message board checks, etc. The stats look awesome and I don't know that I'll mind the bigger screen as I tend to watch Netflix at work on occasion. I'm just hoping it comes to Verizon and releases soon.

I was starting to think that I was the only one excited about the Edge. I know there have been some naysayers out there but I'm still planning on getting it when it comes out. I've heard it repeated that it is too much processing power or it is comparable to or better than their PC processing power. But this is simply untrue. You are comparing apples and oranges. An ARM RISC is not on the same playing field as an Intel x86 i-series CISC processor. The closest thing to compare the quad-core "Tegra" chip to is the Intel Atom, which is used in netbooks. The advantages of the quad-core Tegra are: a faster phone(no lag on your favorite apps), better graphics, lower energy consumption (there is actually a fifth core which regulates power consumption), better battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones