1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid Incredible or Samsung Fascinate

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Network24, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Network24

Network24 Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Ok as you can see I'm new to this forum so i'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm having trouble deciding between these two phones. I know the fascinate doesn't have bing and on top of that it has a lot of bloatware that you can't delete without rooting. I do know the Droid Incredible has google but does it have a lot of bloatware as well? I know the Droid Incredible has Sense UI while the Fascinate has TouchWiz. I haven't been able to mess around with either of them but on the surface Sense UI just looks more professional. If I rooted my phone would I be able to get rid of TouchWiz or is that permanent? Really all I want is to have google as my default search by pressing the search button and I want to be able to get rid of all the bloatware. Which phone should i buy and what would i have to do to accomplish this?

Advertisement

2. gunderscorewil

gunderscorewil Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2011
    Student
    Atlanta
    Rooting will allow you to do what you want for the most part. I am 99% certain that there is a way to get Vanilla Froyo on the Fascinate. That will make google your primary searche.

3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Female
    Masquerading as a responsible adult
    Jersey - born & bred
    I have the Incredible and I love it. It's not rooted and it does have some bloatware but from being on the forums and reading a lot I know most (if not all) of it can be deleted with root. And the Sense UI is great. That's my 2 cents for you on the Incredible

4. viperman2008

viperman2008 Well-Known Member
    None

I personally have the incredible rooted. It's a great phone even without root. I'm not a fan of TouchWiz so I don't like the fascinate.

Also, Samsung is notorious for delaying updates to the Fascinate.

5. imfascinated

imfascinated Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    IMHO The Fascinate has the better screen - with super AMOLED , it only turns on colored pixels and the contrast and color saturation are excellent - you can see it in daylight and it saves more battery. Samsung has updated the SF 3 times already with 2.1 update, 2.2, and 2.2 update so it's fine now. Either way, rooting is the way out of bloatware if you can't stand it. In the original post you said Fascinate doesn't have Bing, but it does on mine. I just downloaded the Google search widget and use it .As for the UI, that's a preference only the user can decide. Hands on both phones will let you feel your way through the better phone decison.