• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible or Samsung Fascinate

Network24

Lurker
Jun 13, 2011
Ok as you can see I'm new to this forum so i'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm having trouble deciding between these two phones. I know the fascinate doesn't have bing and on top of that it has a lot of bloatware that you can't delete without rooting. I do know the Droid Incredible has google but does it have a lot of bloatware as well? I know the Droid Incredible has Sense UI while the Fascinate has TouchWiz. I haven't been able to mess around with either of them but on the surface Sense UI just looks more professional. If I rooted my phone would I be able to get rid of TouchWiz or is that permanent? Really all I want is to have google as my default search by pressing the search button and I want to be able to get rid of all the bloatware. Which phone should i buy and what would i have to do to accomplish this?

IMHO The Fascinate has the better screen - with super AMOLED , it only turns on colored pixels and the contrast and color saturation are excellent - you can see it in daylight and it saves more battery. Samsung has updated the SF 3 times already with 2.1 update, 2.2, and 2.2 update so it's fine now. Either way, rooting is the way out of bloatware if you can't stand it. In the original post you said Fascinate doesn't have Bing, but it does on mine. I just downloaded the Google search widget and use it .As for the UI, that's a preference only the user can decide. Hands on both phones will let you feel your way through the better phone decison.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones