• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid - Just arrived and first take!

4. Yes! On your dial pad, left of the phone symbol (send button), there is a button that like a old roll of film (two circles with a line connecting at the top). This button when pushed takes you to voicemail.
By going to menu- settings-call settings-voicemail settings you can adjust it to put in your password and 1 to go straight to your messages.
Right now it has *86. For example if your password is 6677,then you would make the number in the space *86,6677#,,,1. The commas are pauses. Now when you press the button ,you go straight to your messages.

OMG How did you know my password?!

CREEPER!

But yes that is a good way to do it, or just use G Voice its so much better, plus with a transcript of what the message is, better then the Visual Voice Mail from VZW, (I know also!)

Upvote 0
Nature of the beast. Google push is better now. Droid only polls every 15 minutes or so. If polling was constant, your battery would suffer big time.
A few minutes for email is not bad, seems like GV SMS are a lot quicker now for texting back and forth, must have a priority push on them.

No, gmail is PUSH.. the gmail app does not poll. If you're not getting your messages quickly, it's just an issue with google

mine is not syncing realtime right now either..

Upvote 0
No, gmail is PUSH.. the gmail app does not poll. If you're not getting your messages quickly, it's just an issue with google

mine is not syncing realtime right now either..

Good to know that its not my device... If I had to exchange for a new one after one day of ownership, it would be a huge turn off.

I was just on the phone with tech support and was told 3-5 minutes delay is "normal." I then proceeded to explain "instant" does not equal to 3-5 minutes of lag.

Another clueless tech. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones