• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid just dropped my email...anybody else?

drew3739

Nov 11, 2009
I had Exchange and Yahoo both set up on my droid for about 1 month now. Working fine. Today I noticed my phone hadnt gone off with emails so I pressed the email icon and gone. It was back at the setup wizard. It just up and dropped both my yahoo and exchange. They both set back up just fine but strange nonetheless.

anybody else?

Ok this is happening more and more often. It seems like it happens more when my phone dies. Like if I let it actually die and plug it back in to charge after a minute or two it's gone again. I have to actually reconfigure it all. It has done it once without actually dieing when I pulled the battery to pull the sd card.

There are plenty of others going through this.

Motorola Droid users experiencing email deletion bug - TechSpot News

Is your DROID deleting your email? (Phone Arena News)

Also just so we are clear this isnt a problem of it deleting certain emails or all emails, it is deleting the WHOLE account. I see alot of people posting on forums about configuring settings to not delete emails. This is the whole account so you basically have to go in and reconfigure it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones