• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Maxx / file transfer to/from pc

sparx88

Lurker
Jul 25, 2014
Ok I sat for 2 hours with tech support trying to figure out why my phone a droid maxx xt1080 will not connect as a media device (mtp). With moto device manager installed and the phone switched to mtc, a windows "welcome to the found new hardware wizard" pops up to install a driver for it, but when I do, it does'nt find a driver whether connected to the internet or not. The phone will connect as a camera to the pc (ptp) but that's it. Anybody got any ideas please?

I've always found the direct-connection via USB to be a little flaky since they changed Android to appear as a media device instead of a simple USB volume.
I know this doesn't really fix your specific problem, but I've found using something like AirDroid (AirDroid | Your Android, on the Web.) or Dropbox/DropSync to make moving files on and off the phone wirelessly instead to be much easier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones