• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid not listed as an available upgrade? Here's what worked for me...

NegativeX

Lurker
Nov 6, 2009
Like others, Verizon was not showing the Droid as an available upgrade.

Here's how I eventually was able to get it...

When I clicked to upgrade my existing phone, it took me to the page with the list of phones available... in order to have the Droid show up, I had to select Motorola from the list of manufactures on the left, to filter them all out.

Then the Droid appeared at the top of the list.

Your mileage may vary, Good luck.

This does not work for me either. I wonder if my blackberry plan is causing a problem. I see that it has a filter that I cannot remove called "Phones that work with my plan".

My first phone I upgraded was the BB Curve...

Someone in the other thread said he just got it after an hour of refreshing... I'd mash that F5 key til you get something. :p

Upvote 0
Well, there goes that theory!

F5 (refresh) dumping the cache, cookies, history etc... = nada. Heck, I still can't even get the site to acknowledge that the droid exists. I can click on the link on the main page and I get a "Cannot find message". If I type in Droid in the search box I get the flash intro and then it locks up midway through.

Frustrating for sure!

Upvote 0

F5 (refresh) dumping the cache, cookies, history etc... = nada. Heck, I still can't even get the site to acknowledge that the droid exists. I can click on the link on the main page and I get a "Cannot find message". If I type in Droid in the search box I get the flash intro and then it locks up midway through.

Frustrating for sure!
Are you using Safari? I had the similar problem and switched to the Google Crome beta for the Mac. (Go figure that the Google Browser worked and the Apple browser did not.... ;-)

Upvote 0

Frustrating for sure!

What happens when you click on this link...

Enter your location

Does it take you to the Droid page? if so, do you see, "Upgrade Your Phone" under the add to cart button?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones