• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Problems/Defects

michaelearth

Nov 5, 2009
Tomorow I will be switching to Verizon from Alltel To get the Droid. Now my question is: when I first get the phone, what defects or problems should I look for?

My reason for asking is than before I leave the store I can just exchange it right than and there without having to come back later.

Thanks

Not sure there's going to much you could do with a quick check at the store. Presumably these things do go through some sort of quality control. If you get one that restarts several times a day, that's not a problem you're likely to see before leaving the store.

If you're worried about the number of "Help my droid doesn't work right" threads, keep in mind that people with problems are FAR more likely to post about them than people who have no problems.

If you're really worried about it, I suppose you could make a quick call to someone to make sure the speaker and microphone are ok, and then perhaps search the internet quickly to make sure that works alright as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones