• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Sound at bootup

mdevine

Nov 12, 2009
My droid X2 tends to reboot at night for some reason. I need to get it to stop with the droid sound at boot up. I have tried silent boot app, unchecking the SD card notification, changing the notification sound to not "droid" and nothing works. I am running leaked 2.3.4.

Do I need to root to get this sound to stop? If I do root any idea what I would need to do to stop the sound?

Thanks!! Need to get some uninterrupted sleep tonight- yes I do need my phone accessible at night.

My droid X2 tends to reboot at night for some reason. I need to get it to stop with the droid sound at boot up. I have tried silent boot app, unchecking the SD card notification, changing the notification sound to not "droid" and nothing works. I am running leaked 2.3.4.

Do I need to root to get this sound to stop? If I do root any idea what I would need to do to stop the sound?

Thanks!! Need to get some uninterrupted sleep tonight- yes I do need my phone accessible at night.

If you have the leaked 2.3.4, wouldn't that mean your phone is already rooted?

Upvote 0

That is strange because the update should have stopped the reboots. Perhaps it is one of your apps? Idk. Maybe try a cache wipe.

Power down your Droid X2
Press and hold Power + Volume Down while powering up, until "Fast Boot" appears at the top of the screen, then release.
Press Volume Down 7 times to scroll to "Android Recovery"
Press Volume Up to select.
Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down to access the Recovery Menu.
Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll.
Use Power button to select.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones