• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Carrier switching

steve500

Dec 29, 2009
Does anyone know why in the world EVDO 3G support works with cricket and NOT with Alltel when switching the droid/droid x/droid 2 carrier settings?

I have done everything necessary to get my Droid X on my alltel account. I'm left with a fully functional phone except for no 3G, just solid 1x. 3G attempts connecting, but fails.

Software used:

QPST
Latest CDMA Workshop 3.5.5

I know i've got all the correct PPP UM/AM, HDR, and HA Authentication for my specific ESN flashed to the phone along with the NV items are written for @alltel.net extension.

My previous phones were a Verizon Eris and Palm Pre, both were dirt simple to get full 3G EVDO on my alltel account after flashing/entering the correct id/passwords. The Droid/Droid X is just a total failure, makes no sense to me, done alllll the same things.

U2NL/autostart.sh isn't required for alltel, alltel does not use a proxy for evdo, so i did not do that step..

Hope someone can help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones