• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Exchange E-mail Performance?

I am not getting notifications either. I get them for the calendar, but not email. Anyone else have this issue?

yep, I have the same issue. I get sound/alert notifications from everything else except for email(corp or yahoo). Just got my X today.

Also, I'm having issues with push email. Apparently, I'm not getting my work/exchange email or Yahoo pushed to the X. I only get it once I click on the mail icon. This really blows!

Never had these issues with the DInc.

Anyone find a solution/reason behind this??

Upvote 0
Temporary work-around can be found here:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/32315?start=120&tstart=0

Go to page 9, post 125 for instructions. You have to swap out to an older email apk. Or use Touchdown.

Moto admits a problem with notifications, as well as corp sync to mail, contacts, calendar etc. But they are completely quiet on what they are doing about it.

Upvote 0
From the Moto forum administrator:

First, I want to thank everyone for their help and patience as we worked though this. Many of you tested our solution, made suggestions and otherwise contributed. Much appreciated.

Some Droid X users are experiencing an issue when attempting to access the Exchange server on their device through an unencrypted link. A fix for this will be included in the upgrade to Android 2.2 scheduled for deployment by early September.

This post describes two workarounds for owners who encounter this issue:

The first workaround can be attempted by any Droid X owner.
The second workaround requires changes to the Exchange server settings, and therefore can only be attempted by IT personnel with the appropriate knowledge.

A Droid X user can send these settings to his or her IT organization to implement the second workaround.

Description of the issue:

With phone software versions 1.13.5.10 & 1.13.6.2, a user will not be able to set up their corporate exchange email using ActiveSync on their device if their exchange server does NOT have SSL or certificates installed and the user is required to uncheck the option

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones