1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid X on Bell

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mladeniki, Aug 14, 2010.

1. mladeniki

mladeniki Lurker

Hey,

So im looking to purchase the droid x from verizon across the border and then bring it back to Canada and use it on Bell's CDMA network.

I have a friend who works for Bell and he will port my number to the device, but I've been reading a lot about needing to "flash" the phone in order for it to work.

Does anyone know what steps I am going to need to take after purchasing the device in order for it to work on the Bell network??

Thanks so much!

2. steve500

steve500 Member

EXACT same procedure of changing programming of the original droid minus that you don't have to put the Droid X in any special mode to get it to diagnostic modem communication mode.

howardforums.com has a write up of a guy programming his droid to cricket

there are several write ups, just start googling

I've got my droid x up and rolling on alltel 100%

3. mladeniki

mladeniki Lurker

Did you fix your data problem? I dont think I would want to be running on just 1X, is your EV-DO not working?

4. mladeniki

mladeniki Lurker

Sorry for the consecutive post but there is someone online selling a brand new in box droid x which is "completely flashed" and said to work on 1x EV-DO Rev. A for 450 US, seems kind of inexpensive though no?

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews