• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Drop down notification toggle switches

samaruf

Jan 15, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Asking lots of questions today as I have just bought the Photon and trying to set it up to look like my Evo 4G. One of the most used features in my EVO was the drop down notification bar containing the power control widgets. Is there something similar for the Photon? My phone is not rooted yet, so I am looking for non-root solutions.

Thanks.

Asking lots of questions today as I have just bought the Photon and trying to set it up to look like my Evo 4G. One of the most used features in my EVO was the drop down notification bar containing the power control widgets. Is there something similar for the Photon? My phone is not rooted yet, so I am looking for non-root solutions.

Thanks.

Because you brought it up and it's something I've wanted for a while, I found an app that seems to work (except, I don't think the 4G toggle works).

I've used widgetsoid for so long, but I like this as another option if I don't want to scroll to my toggle homescreen:

https://market.android.com/details?...CwiZGUuajR2ZWxpbi5ub3RpZmljYXRpb25Ub2dnbGUiXQ..

Reactions: mikey78
Upvote 0
Man, I wish I found that app before. It's awesome. I even customized the background color to match as close as possible with the stock theme color (my favorite color, dark blue). Only thing I wish it could do is be able to make transparent or semi-transparent background. Here's a screen shot of how I have it set up:

1325824276736.png

Only thing is, the toggles that are shown aren't really toggles. It's just a shortcut that shows the toggles that are active or inactive. Once you click on that, there's a pop-up window that then gives you the toggle choices. I like it though because it'll prevent me from accidentally clicking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones