1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Drop down notification toggle switches

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by samaruf, Jan 5, 2012.

1. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Asking lots of questions today as I have just bought the Photon and trying to set it up to look like my Evo 4G. One of the most used features in my EVO was the drop down notification bar containing the power control widgets. Is there something similar for the Photon? My phone is not rooted yet, so I am looking for non-root solutions.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    Because you brought it up and it's something I've wanted for a while, I found an app that seems to work (except, I don't think the 4G toggle works).

I've used widgetsoid for so long, but I like this as another option if I don't want to scroll to my toggle homescreen:

https://market.android.com/details?...CwiZGUuajR2ZWxpbi5ub3RpZmljYXRpb25Ub2dnbGUiXQ..

mikey78 likes this.
  3. drexappeal

drexappeal Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    Man, I wish I found that app before. It's awesome. I even customized the background color to match as close as possible with the stock theme color (my favorite color, dark blue). Only thing I wish it could do is be able to make transparent or semi-transparent background. Here's a screen shot of how I have it set up:

[​IMG]

Only thing is, the toggles that are shown aren't really toggles. It's just a shortcut that shows the toggles that are active or inactive. Once you click on that, there's a pop-up window that then gives you the toggle choices. I like it though because it'll prevent me from accidentally clicking.