• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

drop resistance

Omega01

Nov 27, 2011
-ESR essential zero
air guard corner

- olixiar bumper
air cushion , shock resistance corner

- i blason cosmo series
mil std military tested
exrra cushioning drop resistance

which one is the best protection if phone drops?

or any suggestions or other cases

70938197.jpg

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, @Dannydet is correct. Any case has a margin of risk, but it's better than no case at all. All three will provide some drop protection, assuming the drop is relatively low and the phone lands in such a way that the case can absorb the shock. Drop a phone from 6' or higher and you're out of luck most of the time.

That said, I'd probably go for the olixiar only because i believe that the "built in screen guard" on the i-blason would be nothing but trouble. The ESR is just a basic thin case.

Upvote 0
DO you have a habit of dropping phones? There are some cases that will protect a phone a little better than others, but they are bulky, ugly and make it very inconvenient to use and pocket your phone. You cold also get a case with a place to connect a lanyard so you can wear it around your neck or hook to a belt.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
any suggestions how to pik screen protectors?

temepered glass,
3 packs ??
i always go with zagg shields, mainly because Best Buy will put it on for me.....i suck at putting them on. plus there is a zagg booth in the mall near me that will install and replace the screen protector once for $7.

i hear that whitestone is really good and they have an apparatus that helps you install it with zero bubbles.

as far as cases go i have a spigen tough armor case on my note 10+
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SX62YQ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

otterbox also makes some really rugged cases as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones