• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropbox coming to Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure i'm confident they'll add sync soon and it'll be a very useful app, but i just don't see the point in even releasing the beta before sync is implemented - it'd be like releasing a music player app that doesn't do audio playback (yet)

you can solve this by going into the market, clicking into your downloads, selecting the app and choosing to uninstall.

might want to think about getting rid of that 'awful analogy' app you have running as well ;)

Upvote 0
you're in a hurry to leave to catch a bus/train/whatever and have a text document/audio file/video file/whatever you wanna check out on the bus/train/whatever
drop the file to dropbox on the comp and leave - the phone downloads the file while you're walking to the bus/train/whatever

or, you take a picture with your phone when out and about - just save it in your dropbox dir and it'll be on your computer waiting and/or shared to your friends to grab from the internet

Thanks for this explination, I was wondering the same thing as to why it would be needed on a phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones