• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped calls at 35 - 45 minutes

jwpicard

Lurker
Apr 20, 2010
This may be more a Sprint thing as my EVO 4G was dropping calls at 35 - 45 minutes with a fast busy signal literally every call, so I switched to the Photon and it is doing the same thing. I have a full signal and in my home office. Anyone else have this problem?

This may be more a Sprint thing as my EVO 4G was dropping calls at 35 - 45 minutes with a fast busy signal literally every call, so I switched to the Photon and it is doing the same thing. I have a full signal and in my home office. Anyone else have this problem?

I've been having a similar problem. When this happens I've noticed that the signal strength icons turn gray at the top. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it was roaming, or trying to switch over to another network because its signal strength was better. What happens, though, is that all of the other radios seem to shut down. 4G goes down, 3G goes down, Bluetooth goes down (that pissed me off too, because I was driving and my phone was in my pocket so to continue the conversation I had to awkwardly pull my phone out).

But it doesn't just happen around that length of time - sometimes it happens just because I have my phone in my pocket and I'm at the center of a big building. Almost like it's related to 4G being inaccessible.

What I've also noticed is that when those icons at the top gray out, my phone starts to get SUPER warm. It's never been hot, but for a cell phone I'd consider it really hot. Right in the center, where I would imagine a processor being.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones