• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dumb Comments/Ratings in App Market

Whenever I feel like the human race is growing in intelligence, I simply head to the YouTube comments. That usually brings me back to reality.
Ugh, don't remind me. These are the same kind of people that scream "FAKE AND GAY" in Youtube comments, when a video is quite explicitly pointed out to be fake by the uploader. And on a lesser note, the same people who can't be arsed to read the description on the video so they ask really obvious questions like "What song is that?" or "Who is taht?" when it was RIGHT IN THE DAMN DESCRIPTION.

THINKING IS NOT A SUGGESTION. USE YOUR BRAIN PEOPLE.

Upvote 0
Found a picture in my /b/ folder that fits my feelings on this when I browse the market, or youtube.

1284146191957.png

Upvote 0
For anyone who has ever stood in line at a cell phone store, it is clear that everyone and his dog are using cell phones. So a certain number do stumble onto the market and leave unreliable comments. Interesting, but harmless. Even more disturbing is that most of them are also driving cars (drive defensively!).

Upvote 0
I've seen a few "It asks for internet access, it's a virus" on free ad-supported apps. The part that makes me despair is not that these people are driving (although that by itself causes me problems) it is that these people have a vote.

I try to do my bit by downvoting on the poor comments, but I don't know how effective that is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones