• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DX Shipping Without Notification?

underoathxx

Jul 26, 2010
Hey everyone, I ordered my Droid X online from VZW on 7/20 and still have the following message everytime I check my order status:

Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email.

When browsing this and other forums and see that people who ordered online after me and have either already received the phone or received their shipping info, I get pretty jealous/irked. I have also seen some posts about people who have received their phone in the mail without VZW updating their status online or even sending them a shipping notification. So basically my question is, how many of you have actually received your phone without VZW updating the order status online? I live in the Washington D.C. metro area. Has anyone else ordered around 7/20 in the area and received your phone yet? It seems like people in the south and west are getting their phones quicker than those in the north/east...

I plan on calling VZW today because I am also worried that my shipment is being delayed due to the fact that I ordered it with the screen protectors (which I've heard suck and I don't even want anymore).

I would call as that "Online Order Status" is junk. When I used it after I placed my order on the 15th, it showed that I hadn't even placed an order. When I called, they gave me a tracking number and reassured me that the device was on its way.

Looks like I wasn't so fortunate. I was just told that my order does not appear that it will ship until the 3rd. Will try calling again because I know that I will get different answers from every service rep I talk to...

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, I ordered my Droid X online from VZW on 7/20 and still have the following message everytime I check my order status:

Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email.

When browsing this and other forums and see that people who ordered online after me and have either already received the phone or received their shipping info, I get pretty jealous/irked. I have also seen some posts about people who have received their phone in the mail without VZW updating their status online or even sending them a shipping notification. So basically my question is, how many of you have actually received your phone without VZW updating the order status online? I live in the Washington D.C. metro area. Has anyone else ordered around 7/20 in the area and received your phone yet? It seems like people in the south and west are getting their phones quicker than those in the north/east...

I plan on calling VZW today because I am also worried that my shipment is being delayed due to the fact that I ordered it with the screen protectors (which I've heard suck and I don't even want anymore).

i am in the exact situation. i too ordered on the 20th and live in the DC area. the northeast is getting no love

Upvote 0
ok so i ordered it the 19th when it said ship by 7/27 online and today i was getting really mad that i got no email when i checked the order status it gave me a tracking number and it has been shipped yesterday and will be delivered by 3pm today!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Guessing you got it by now....dnt 4get about us in this thread now :-(...still no notice about mine

Upvote 0
I hope mine ships tomorrow also.... I feel like a feene... I haven't felt this way about any tech device since 05...lol

Feel the same way brutha. I use to always "fall" for new tech but during the last couple of years, my desire for electronics has died down quite a bit. That's not the case right now, can't wait for mine to come (who can?) Especially after having some hands on time with it today at the Verizon store.

I ordered mine a bit late (the 24th) so I don't expect it to come any time soon. Such is life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones