• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

E-Mail Will Not Connect to Server

My e-mail has been locked in to the same place in time on my Commando for 24 hours now. It shows an error message at top stating "Unable to open connection to server." What could cause this and how is it fixed?
Was it working before or has it never worked? Recheck your settings, I found my sync setting had changed to off when I installed a diff theme. We're talking Gmail here right?
Any apps that could be suspect? Did you do anything at all right before this happened , like load something new. You could try setting up your email again. if all else fails a hard reset may work. Tried a battery pull yet? Do you have a data connection? Just throwing stuff out to you, perhaps you've tried already tho.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with my phone a couple of days ago. I found that an email that was sent from Kawasaki seemed to be formatted weird for the phone to read and ever since then, that particular email address has been acting strange when using the default email program on Android. The strange thing is that after deleting the account from my phone and reactivating it, my phone automatically downloaded selective emails (up to a certain date) when it wanted to but never let me manually refresh it (which gave the connection error).
What tipped me off was that the emails that my phone happened to download only continued after the date of the original Kawasaki email that was sent which was now invisible. Because of this, I used my PC to delete the Kawasaki email and ever since that email deletion, my phone now connects correctly. It's bizarre but I think that the phone just got confused with some of the email formatting which snowballed into connection failure...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones