• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easyier MP3 playlist update using wifi

Wullail

Lurker
Aug 10, 2014
I'm not sure this is even possible...but I was trying to synch my S4 music playlists using USB and getting frustrated as usual with errors.

Would it be possible to build an app to do the following at all....

We have a lot of NAS with DLNA and FTP built in that let us view what files are available and access/view the files on the fly over wifi.

What I was envisoning was an app that showed the MP3s available on the NAS box , you select albums (folders) or MP3 files and drag them to the playlist , it then downloads the files onto your android device and updates the playlist all over wifi..

I'd LOVE to be able to control/update my playlists while sitting on the couch in the next room this way , instead of having to turn my PC on , connect it via USB and run an app to synch them.

Just an idea...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones