• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ebooks - HELP!!

michj

Lurker
Aug 14, 2011
My father-in-law (who's 73) was bought a FT3 for his birthday. I've been given the job of downloading books onto it, but I'm really struggling or rather failing. Is there an app I need to download or someway I can actually download books. I've seen SD cards mentioned for Aldiko, but is there anything else I can do. Ebooks have been bought from Smiths but I obviously can't download these as they need Adobe, which isn't supported. Basically I just need help and quick please!!

OK, presuming you have internet access on your tablet, you could search for these apps in the market and install them:

Aldiko
Laputa
Acrobat Reader

Also presuming you have an account at where you bought the ebooks, so log into that account using the FT3 and again, download them to save onto the tablet.

Now you should be able to use one of the earlier apps

Aldiko
Laputa
Acrobat Reader

and find your ebooks you downloaded and read them.

You just have to find the way that suits you, your Father-in-laws tablet and how he wishes to read them using the software suggested, or other suitable software.

It's daunting to start with, but we will get there, just do not panic.

You could ofc download all the ebooks to your PC, copy them to a suitable SD Card, in a folder called ebooks perhaps?, and use the software to read them off the sd card, or use a file manager to copy them again from the sd card to internal FT3 storage, and then use the software to read them from there, but 1 step at a time eh? :)

Reactions: michj
Upvote 0
Thanks but I'm still stuck. I've already got Aldiko and Acrobat reader. My apps on android market wont download. It comes up with a google error. Could this be the problem. Is there a way of resetting the FT3 as I cant find it on there. Also, Smiths require Adobe Digital, not just the reader version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones