• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eBuddy doesn't like my YM or AIM accounts

Ovy

May 24, 2010
eBuddy tells me my AIM account name is invalid. It says the same of my Yahoo Messenger account name. I'm not sure what to do -- they're real screen names! I thought maybe the YM one wanted my email instead, so I tried that... no dice!

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Everyone says eBuddy is the multi-chat app to have, but it's pretty useless to me when it can't recognize legitimate account names!

eBuddy tells me my AIM account name is invalid. It says the same of my Yahoo Messenger account name. I'm not sure what to do -- they're real screen names! I thought maybe the YM one wanted my email instead, so I tried that... no dice!

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Everyone says eBuddy is the multi-chat app to have, but it's pretty useless to me when it can't recognize legitimate account names!

Are you making sure that your CAPS lock isn't on when you're typing in your password?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones