• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Ecolife Element Top Case review

Rhonen

Jun 8, 2010
ecolife Element Top Case for HTC Google Nexus One / Motorola Cliq XT, Cliq / Sprint HTC Evo 4G / T-Mobile myTouch Slide / Verizon HTC Droid Incredible - Android Top Cases - Android Central Store

I just got this belt carry case this past week. I like these type of cases from when I had a Blackberry - ratcheting clip so it can be worn horizontal or vertical.

The material is very stiff. It felt like most of it was glued, not sewn together. The ratchet clip was good, stiff, but moved easily enough. However, the case was obviously made for smaller phones. While my Evo slid in easily enough naked, it was an overly tight fit with my Seidio case on it. Also, the flap wouldn't close all the way, even with my Evo naked. Without a phone, the magnets on the flap and the case lined up perfectly. The size of the Evo mean the flap folded over at a higher spot, so the magnets barely touched.

Overall, it's an OK case, but definitely not a good fit for the Evo.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones